Its Time !!....One last Mid-West from the tree update !!.....May be a little COLD??

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Ok folks....here we go one last time for the year!
Blu and I are headed back to Illinois for a late season bow hunt. We are both still in posession of buck tags and would love to wrap one around a semi frozen mid-west beast antler !
Sadly my old hunting buddy JT once again cant make it, so dont expect the updates to be up to his high standards but we will do our best.

We're pulling out at 5am sharp (Blu) in the morning and hope we have enough clothes !!!....Forecast is low single digits all week with a snow shower and of course the ever present wind!

We're gonna put in about 6 days if we dont freeze so it should be fun !:yeah::yeah:

JT...gonna miss ya brother !!!

Gajbird

Thanks

Thanks again Bubba and in advance:D

This will help with the post Holiday doldrums. I hope ya'll kill a beast apiece::;

Jay Murray

XJfire75

Sweet! Can't wait to hear the good news pouring in.

Get high up on the edge of a food source and wait! Good luck y'all!!

QTurn

Luck, Bubba....

BornToHuntAndFish

Bring it on, Midwest whitetail chaser! Yippee!!! Was hoping ya'll had one more hunting trip up your sleeves in your plans. Any hunting updates are always welcomed, so no standards to worry about on this end, just have a great time. Sorry JT cannot join ya'll for all the fun & adventures since we know he's probably disappointed again no tagging along. Appreciate you taking us forum folks along for the ride. Hope the deer are cooperating & moving for ya'll to bag & tag some wallhangers or any venison beasts. Have a safe trip & look forward to the entertaining updates.

K80

Good luck yall!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Man you are killin me!

Yall sit @ redtop in the morn for a few extra mins just in case:D

Be safe boys

Blu

Yea thanks Jim we will pick those up around what 6am .......Randy we are leaving at 5 if you can work it out just tell them you will see them in a week......ok boys gather the things its almost time !!!!about this time tomorrow hope to be lookin at some Midwest White Tail Beast !!!!!Yall dont even think Me or Bubba can post like JT and Randy but we will give it a shot!!!! Back in the AM Dark and early!!!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Sweet! Can't wait to hear the good news pouring in.

Get high up on the edge of a food source and wait! Good luck y'all!!

Yepper ....find the food and find the deer....sometimes in large numbers !!!:clap:

Did I say it was gonna be COLD ??
I wonder at what temp the limbs on my bow snap !!!?????

XJfire75

IDK how yall are bow huntin...

I took my bow last week when it was 30 by sun down...man oh man, LOL. I guess once my fingers got past cold and went to numb I could draw but not sure how Id know when I had my finger on the trigger haha.

Check out this thread about the weather down the road in MO.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1093347

kevincox

Not to be negative but I hunted Illinois last Jan and most of the big bucks had already shed 1 horn and some both:eek:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Awesome,one more play by play! Can't hardly wait for the updates! Be safe and kill a booner!

Blu

ok peeps we kinda got a late start its 10:00 and JT nor Randy was at the Meeting point so just Bubba and Blu on this trip.... we are passing thru Mont Eagle ..north of Chat...19deg and wind is already blowing white caps on the lakes and rivers ....be in the stand by 2:30

Blu

I think the temp may be affecting Bubba already:D

Attachments

• 0105000950.jpg
    0105000950.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,171

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Not to be negative but I hunted Illinois last Jan and most of the big bucks had already shed 1 horn and some both:eek:

just sort it out after you shoot em:D

last year we were up there in january and a good number were still seen carrying. course who knows how many werent