GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Political Forum

Old 03-30-2010, 01:37 PM

Default shocking-Jihadist training camps in Georgia

Whats up with this!how can this be?
and in Georgia..somebody needs to explain this to the public and on Atlanta TV News so everyone can see this & be aware whats going on here..somethings bad wrong with this picture,,,Just went you think you've heard it all..what do you think about this ?when are the arrest gonna be made?

Last edited by blackbear; 03-30-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Its called freedom of religion bro, in the same regard any home grown militia should be left alone unless it begins planning illegal actions.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM

I've seen it several times....

One could very well observe our paint ball games or me on my firing range and make the same assessment..

I do happen to agree that these are terrorists in training...never the less they are free to do as they please, under the protection of our Constitution, until they break laws or plot to commit crimes.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:08 PM

The group is responsable for over 50 attacks here on us soil...sorry,,thats not paintball games or sunday school..thats a little much dont you think.

Last edited by blackbear; 03-30-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
The group is responsable for over 50 attacks here on us soil...thats not paintball games..
Define "group".
What 50 attacks?
What evidence do you have?

Prosecution must be specific...To assimilate all Islamic groups, regardless of their similarities, to al qaeda, is no different than saying that all Christians are responsible for the bombings in Northern Ireland. Even though I happen to believe the Islamic faith is not a religion of peace and the Koran does call for devout followers to practice Jihad, they, and we, are protected until an existence of credible evidence to link individuals to a specific attack or illegal activity, plain and simple....Should these groups be under heavy surveillance, I think so, but their are many who think that would be a violation of the right to privacy. Its a thin and often obscure line, but all in all, we live under the finest judicial system in the world...but certainly should not round em all up simply because they wear camo, shoot guns, and pray....
Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX Jenkins View Post
Define "group".
What 50 attacks?
What evidence do you have?

Prosecution must be specific...To assimilate all Islamic groups, regardless of their similarities, to al qaeda, is no different than saying that all Christians are responsible for the bombings in Northern Ireland. Even though I happen to believe the Islamic faith is not a religion of peace and the Koran does call for devout followers to practice Jihad, they, and we, are protected until an existence of credible evidence to link individuals to a specific attack or illegal activity, plain and simple....Should these groups be under heavy surveillance, I think so, but their are many who think that would be a violation of the right to privacy. Its a thin and often obscure line, but all in all, we live under the finest judicial system in the world...but certainly should not round em all up simply because they wear camo, shoot guns, and pray....
since we have the finest judicial system and the Constitution why do we have a non-citizen as President, an illegal forced healthcare, Patriot act etc.?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Admin

How old is this video anyway?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX Jenkins View Post
I do happen to agree that these are terrorists in training...never the less they are free to do as they please, under the protection of our Constitution, until they break laws or plot to commit crimes.
Constitution? We only use that dusty ol'thing when its convenient.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim View Post
We haven't used that archaic parchment since King Abe raised his right hand with his left on the Bible.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim View Post
I'm afraid your right...but I still use it as the guide on and insist others do at every opportunity.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
so your saying Hannity doesnt have proof they ever did anything wrong,he just made it all up?
Where did he offer any "proof"?

I'm no fan of Islam or terrorists, but I like to see proof for my own eyes. Accusations many times turn out to be false.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Oh man I guess I better burn my blue guns and my rubber knives now. Reckon ATF would pitch a fit if they found inert explosive devices in my home?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Hannity said they "were responsable" for 50 attacks,he didnt say "maybe",he said they were,i guess he has proof or he wouldnt say that?
All I'll say is this, I have enough confidence our FBI, and I personally know a few, to believe that if the evidence was there, arrests would be made. And who's to say theres not a current investigation? The fact that they ran this report might have very well made the group tighten up their operational security....

As for whatever Hannity knows or thinks or thinks he knows, that is between him and his employers, and I'm certainly of the opinion that the canons of journalism were not written in stone. Generalizations and sensationalism has replaced the facts on both sides of house and those commercial organizations dependent upon "reporting" the "news" extend every liberty to propagate their paycheck, but thats just politics.

I'm personally thankful that the burden of proof still lies with the prosecution and not the defendants. Venture a few posts away and I'm sure you'll find someone else hailing our law enforcement is overreaching in regard to this very issue....
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM

yes,i agree with what you guys are saying,but i thought i heard him say they did,not maybe...so he doesnt have to be correct or have facts to say something like that on the news...he can just make up anything about anybody,this has been a learning experiance..so i guess its just a joke...iam not laughing& i dont think its very funny...but i guess if it were really true,the army would already be over there marching and rounding the bad guys up...thanks for the lesson.

Last edited by blackbear; 03-30-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:45 PM

There is a "code of ethics" among journalists, called the canons of journalism, but its hardly enforced unless there is significant profit to loose or gain. I don't doubt that Hannity can justify what he said in his own mind but it would have to be this or these Islamic groups that would hold him liable. Heck, its all we can do to hold our representatives accountable for their words and actions these days...That is the never ending plight of citizenry, the pursuit of truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

btw, blackbear, I do appreciate your avatar.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM

I live about 8 miles from the Franklin County Islamic camp. It is secluded so all I have seen of it is on google earth. They have a large stone temple and over a dozen mobile homes. I have the coordinates somewhere if anyone wants to look them up on google earth.

I see them at Walmart often. The women pretty much ignore everyone although I have seen them roll their eyes or shake their head when seeing a woman showing too much skin. The men are hard to spot often, they don't always dress the part.

I don't worry much about them, but I don't live next door to them.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM

Default ..................

http://qpublic3.qpublic.net/ga_displ...KEY=014++++034

http://qpublic3.qpublic.net/ga_displ...KEY=014++++033

Google Earth
115 MADINAH RD COMMERCE, GA 30530
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringfieldChampion View Post
since we have the finest judicial system and the Constitution why do we have a non-citizen as President, an illegal forced healthcare, Patriot act etc.?
Don't know.
Why don't you educate us.

T
Old 03-31-2010, 05:52 AM

Well this thread at least made it to 5 posts before it was derailed.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:18 AM

This place and the people there are on a US Federal Government watch list and have been under surveillance for several years. As of this date none from this camp have ever been linked to any type of plot or any type of terrorist activity directed against the US or any of our allies. Do to the nature of my job and where I work I can only elaborate on what is public knowledge but you can rest assured that they are watch very closely. As far as my personnel thoughts on this matter I took an oath to up hold the Constitution and will keep that oath against all enemies foreign and domestic. They are US Citizens and deserve to be treated as such. Until they break the laws they have the same rights as you or I and I will respect them as citizens regardless of my own beliefs. For if we are the Christians we all say we are then who are we to judge others, as it is stated that those without sin may cast the first stone, and judge not that ye may be judged. After all to the radical Islamic people all American are “terrorist” in their eyes and by stating that all Islamic people are terrorist then are we not lowering our self’s to their standards? Think about it this camp has been there for over 10 years and they have not broken 1 law other than a speeding ticket one of them got. Don’t get me wrong I do not believe they should have a camp like this in my back yard but I did put my life on the line to give them that right as American Citizens so there for regardless of what I think or how I feel it is their right just as it is you right to believe in any religion you wish to believe in. And as far as grouping them in one big group well lets be careful there now as we all wear camo, most have more than 1 firearm, stocks of ammo, some even have military style weapons, train in military style for paint ball wars, practice sniper type tactics for deer hunting laying in wait to ambush a deer, and like to shoot, so that could also make us all terrorist right????? I don’t agree with the thinking, don’t like a camp like that in my back yard so to say, and don’t believe in their way or religion but they do have the right to practice their beliefs as long as it dose not infringe on the rights of other or break any laws.