GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Firearms > Firearms, Reloading and Scopes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2010, 07:54 PM
savethehooch42 savethehooch42 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gwinnett County.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default Glock 45acp 30 round magazine

Picked it up yesterday. First 30 rounder I've seen not for a 9mm. Pretty ridiculous so i just thought I'd share.

Thats a 34 on the left.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:52 PM
Ga Sportsman's Avatar
Ga Sportsman Ga Sportsman is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Butts County.......Yes, I am serious!!!!!!!
iTrader: (129) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Those 30 round mags are an excellent way to waste money on ammo. Never seen one for a .45 either.....sweet.....waste more money.
__________________
Life isn't fair.....And the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2010, 08:58 PM
obsession obsession is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.3955/-82.0615
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Sportsman View Post
Those GLOCKS are an excellent way to waste money
fixed that for you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Boom's Avatar
Boom Boom is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Metro Atlanta
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Who makes that mag.? Let us know how it performs at the range.
__________________
Impotence...natures way of saying no hard feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
WTM45's Avatar
WTM45 WTM45 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: .
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I've never considered any trigger time as a waste of money.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
savethehooch42 savethehooch42 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gwinnett County.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Sportsman View Post
Those 30 round mags are an excellent way to waste money on ammo. Never seen one for a .45 either.....sweet.....waste more money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession View Post
fixed that for you
Glocks are excellent pistols and I'm not poor so shooting doesn't hurt me. I also reload so its not that bad. Maybe you should reload so you can become a good shot. Aim is pretty important if the situation ever arises where you need to put them where they count.

I shoot atleast 1,000 rounds every weekend.
Guns and shooting are kinda my hobby.

RATHER SPEND MONEY ON SHOOTING THAN GOLF!

What about full auto? What about Cans?? Class 3??

That a waste of money too??????


Quote:
Originally Posted by WTM45 View Post
I've never considered any trigger time as a waste of money.

Me neither. THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 PM
obsession obsession is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.3955/-82.0615
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethehooch42 View Post
Glocks are excellent pistols and I'm not poor so shooting doesn't hurt me. I also reload so its not that bad. Maybe you should reload so you can become a good shot. Aim is pretty important if the situation ever arises where you need to put them where they count.
im not poor either, and my kimber grand raptor wasnt cheap. i reload as well, and can consistantly shoot a 4" group at 50' free handed with no bench, at a decently moderate rate of fire.

if thats not decent freehand shooting with a handgun then i would love to see you shoot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2010, 07:21 PM
atljetmech atljetmech is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ball Ground
iTrader: (21) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethehooch42 View Post
Picked it up yesterday. First 30 rounder I've seen not for a 9mm. Pretty ridiculous so i just thought I'd share.

Thats a 34 on the left.

Hey hooch,
What brand are those?
I got one from Sportsmans Guide last year and it was total crap. Would jam up every other shot and I broke my Glock mag loader trying to stuff the last couple in.....I returned it for a full refund!
I wish you luck with that one. Anyone know if Glock makes a 30rnder for the 45ACP???
__________________
Thanks,
Todd
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Swede's Avatar
Swede Swede is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Larryville
iTrader: (35) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I am poor and those are crap
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
NGxplr22
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljetmech View Post
Hey hooch,
.. Anyone know if Glock makes a 30rnder for the 45ACP???
No. Glock only makes the high capacity mags for their 9mms. And those only because of the G18.

Other makers offer hi-cap mags for the .40 and .45.
The 9mm and .40 ones are nice for use with the Keltec rifles that accept Glock mags.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 PM
fishtail's Avatar
fishtail fishtail is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Savannah
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Also for you 1911 fans.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=564303
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Ga Sportsman's Avatar
Ga Sportsman Ga Sportsman is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Butts County.......Yes, I am serious!!!!!!!
iTrader: (129) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethehooch42 View Post
Glocks are excellent pistols and I'm not poor so shooting doesn't hurt me. I also reload so its not that bad. Maybe you should reload so you can become a good shot. Aim is pretty important if the situation ever arises where you need to put them where they count.

I shoot atleast 1,000 rounds every weekend.
Guns and shooting are kinda my hobby.

RATHER SPEND MONEY ON SHOOTING THAN GOLF!

What about full auto? What about Cans?? Class 3??

That a waste of money too??????





Me neither. THEY ARE JUST IGNORANT
Easy big money.......I was just stating that you can load up 30 rounds.....Rattle them off real quick and then realize you just wasted money. Whether you have money or not, it's wasted rapid firing into a dirt mound because you are more than likely not "practicing." Once the valium kicks in, just know that I was only picking fun.

BTW, yes, full auto is a waste of money. What does it do except make you giggle? Are you practicing when you fire off an entire mag full of .223 or .308 or whatever.....probably not.

I never said the Glock was a waste of money. I am a Glock fan and honestly, they hold their resale value as well as any out there.

Now go fire off 30 rounds of .45 ammo real quick and blow off some steam.

And, to each his own. I am a big fan of golf.
__________________
Life isn't fair.....And the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 PM
savethehooch42 savethehooch42 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gwinnett County.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession View Post
im not poor either, and my kimber grand raptor wasnt cheap. i reload as well, and can consistantly shoot a 4" group at 50' free handed with no bench, at a decently moderate rate of fire.

if thats not decent freehand shooting with a handgun then i would love to see you shoot.
None of my 5 kimbers were cheap, I love kimber, especially my 10mm. It's the most accurate 1911 I own and I have more 1911s than anything but there are 3 glocks you must have 34, 21 and 20.

I carry an ultra raptor or my ultra cdp everyday and would trust my life to nothing else.

But hey, I like Sig, Colt, Kimber, HK, Glock, SW, Stag, Springfield, Kahr, Wilson, Barrett, Les Baer, ect...
Heck, guess I just like guns..

But yea thats mighty fine shooting. I wouldn't retire just yet though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Sportsman View Post
Easy big money.......I was just stating that you can load up 30 rounds.....Rattle them off real quick and then realize you just wasted money. Whether you have money or not, it's wasted rapid firing into a dirt mound because you are more than likely not "practicing." Once the valium kicks in, just know that I was only picking fun.

BTW, yes, full auto is a waste of money. What does it do except make you giggle? Are you practicing when you fire off an entire mag full of .223 or .308 or whatever.....probably not.

I never said the Glock was a waste of money. I am a Glock fan and honestly, they hold their resale value as well as any out there.

Now go fire off 30 rounds of .45 ammo real quick and blow off some steam.

And, to each his own. I am a big fan of golf.
Who said big money? Lets call it fun money since I just love to shoot.

I think a waste of money is a golf club that costs you double wat I shoot in a weekend.

Try loading a glock 45 mag 50 times in a row.. bet your thumb starts to hurt. They are very convenient for just target practice which is what they will be used for until the s*#t hits the fan.

Full auto can be fun BUT I think It's a pretty good tool to have too. And no 308 auto, my M1A is a cool cat. Just 9mm(HKmp5) and 223(colt sp1)

Last edited by savethehooch42; 08-10-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
savethehooch42 savethehooch42 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gwinnett County.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtail View Post


Those would be good for breaking a nice tight 1911 in.
I like to put atleast 400 through 1 before I start wearing it on my hip..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 PM
obsession obsession is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.3955/-82.0615
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savethehooch42 View Post
I carry an ultra raptor or my ultra cdp everyday and would trust my life to nothing else.
ive been planing for my next handgun to be an ultra raptor. the raptor line is one fine series of weapons.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Dub's Avatar
Dub Dub is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jawja
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsession View Post
ive been planing for my next handgun to be an ultra raptor. the raptor line is one fine series of weapons.
So are GLOCKS.

Different tools for different applications.
__________________
How much beer went in the batter......and how much beer went into YOU !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-18-2010, 08:34 PM
njanear njanear is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: McDonough
iTrader: (5) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGxplr22 View Post
No. Glock only makes the high capacity mags for their 9mms. And those only because of the G18.
That WAS the case for years, but now they have apparently released a factory 22rd .40 mag to the market. I am waiting to get a report on them before I decide if I really need one (for my G27 ).
__________________
Ron W.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger