Can I get a........."YOU DUMMY!!!!!!"

Muygrande

Nope, I don't need an "AMEN" just a "You DUMMY" Just went on my first elgible hunt here in Montana and I'm probably only gonna get one more until my landowner's Son comes into town. Well at black dark a good 5x4 typical probably 17" and tall came to the horns and ended up coming out of the bottom and into the field near my "Hogpen hideout" maybe 45 yards, figure he'd have went 135-140.............I didn't kill him. :banginghe What was I thinking?? ::huh: :rolleyes: I've killed several big deer but have more or less plateaued out with one at 157 and four or five in the 140's. Should I have let him go? Just what do you end up holding out for? God am I a DUMMY!! :banginghe

Duff

you big dummy

:p

H

HT2

Muy.....

Well, as for you being a "BIG DUMMY".......

That's your call.....

If you got one bigger that you've killed already......Then it's cool to let him go.....

Just go find his "DADDY"!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Duff

Yea, I was just foolin muy. I'd say there are some sho nuff goodins out there?? Now I might call you a dummy if you let him walk around my hunting property.

Im jealous of anbody thats got a 150 class deer.

good luck.

Oh yea, how's the wife? she get healed up and good as new?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You should not have let him walk if you are gonna spend all day doubting the decision:D

Jim

H

HT2

Amen!!!!!!!!!

Jim Thompson said:
You should not have let him walk if you are gonna spend all day doubting the decision:D

Jim

JT said it.....

If you gotta think about your decision......

Let him walk....... :clap: :clap:

Duff

JT,

If you thinks so, the man ask for a big dummy. :D

GeauxLSU

Muygrande said:
Well at black dark.... Should I have let him go?
Yes, especially if it was dark.
Or the other side is, you'd have had a dead deer, smaller than several you already have. Though I wish I could say "I can relate" (I can't, since I don't anything near what you've already harvested) I can't imagine just shooting 'another' deer would be that enjoyable for me.
He's still out there. If you really want him, take him next time. That's the beauty of letting them walk. You may just get a 'next time'.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Muygrande

Iguess the consensus is I did the right thing! :rolleyes: ::huh: I hope so. But this'll be the third year I've let 'em all go and not tagged. What are the chances of seeing another upper 140's or bigger deer so I can burn powder?? When I started setting goals, I didn't plan on not killing anything!! And here, you get one shot!! One buck muley or whitetail but only one!

You can also buy one Doe tag.
That kind of bothered me I didn't have one, and saw a mature Doe last night with a giant Abcess(sp?) on the passenger side of her face and couldn't kill her. She really needed to go down! ::huh:

Ya'll should see the video I got of a giant (160's giant to me!)Whitetail charging and chasing a Muley off in a neighboring pasture across the street!! :eek: The two herds had met up together on a knoll and the Muley had a huge body! He got all bristled up and started walking towards the Whitetail with his head all flat towards the ground and that WT just kind of stood there until he got 10 feet or so then he just charged his hide!! That fat muley just got outa there quick!!

All in all my first day in the woods I saw 8 muleys (1 good buck) Chased by Dogs couldn't shoot him! :banginghe 14 Wt's (3 Bucks) on my side and across the street!!! :speechles 17 muleys (3 buck) and 11 WT's (3 bucks) and both herds cross the street were chasing Does. Our Rut is in full swing!
P.S.
Hey DUFF, Lyn's ok she's just now losing the Bruising on her left leg, it must've been awful deep and probably pretty close to breaking something. The POLARIS hadn't recovered yet, needs a few stitches on the fenders and his brains(Speedo Assbly and handlebars) are laying on the garage floor!! :p

Last edited:

Duff

Hey DUFF, Lyn's ok she's just now losing the Bruising on her left leg, it must've been awful deep and probably pretty close to breaking something. The POLARIS hadn't recovered yet, needs a few stitches on the fenders and his brains(Speedo Assbly and handlebars) are laying on the garage floor!! :

Yea, but you can replace the POLARIS

Man, thats been a while. She must have came close to breaking a bone. Glad to hear she is ok. Good luck

stumpman

Banned
Yes you should have shot him what are all you guys going to do when you get a 170 class on the wall quit hunting untill you get a bigger one you may never shoot another deer if thats the case if it makes you feel good and you got excited then shoot and dont second guess yourself have a good time and enjoy the outdoors