GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > On Topic -- Questions and Answers

Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 AM

Default Tractor packages...

I've seen a couple of the threads lately and got my GON last night. Does anyone know if those (I think 2) tractor/trailer/implement packages that are advertised in GON are good deals? I think one of them is a YanMar 2000, but not sure what the other one was...

It seems to be a great deal, entire package, etc.. I've been looking at a smaller 4x4 New Holland to do some cutting and small food plots with, and just that tractor is almost twice as much as this whole package...
Old 08-27-2010, 02:18 PM

I don't know the answer to that but it sure does look and sound like bait for a bad deal. So like the fat trout, don't bite till you know for sure
Deals that seem too good to be true usualy are not true.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM

I kind of thought the same thing. Heck, if it only lasts for a few years, I wouldn't feel bad scrapping the thing. I'd feel like I got my money's worth out of the tractor and I still have the trailer and impliments.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigabby View Post
I've seen a couple of the threads lately and got my GON last night. Does anyone know if those (I think 2) tractor/trailer/implement packages that are advertised in GON are good deals? I think one of them is a YanMar 2000, but not sure what the other one was...

It seems to be a great deal, entire package, etc.. I've been looking at a smaller 4x4 New Holland to do some cutting and small food plots with, and just that tractor is almost twice as much as this whole package...
that 4x4 new holland will last you much longer and will be a better investment in the long run, the yanmars are a little tough on finding parts plus theres 3 different grades of quaility on them so there
Old 08-27-2010, 05:28 PM

See the other recent threads about Yanmar tractors. Most of those packages are Vietnam reconditioned tractors. Some may work great, others not so great. You will get absolutely no support from Yanmar USA because those are grey market and Yanmar refuses to ever support grey market tractors.