snake identification?

atlninja82

anyone know what kind of snake this is? it is a baby so its hard to identify it. i found it right outside of one of my properties last night.

snake-1.jpg

childers

nothing that gunna bother you. looks kind of like a little earth snake. dont kill the snakes. they help you with nuisance critters

The Arrow Guru

Have you guys ever heard of a ring neck snake. They are pretty common here in north east georgia according to the internet. But I have found at least 8 - 9 of them around my place this summer. They are really small. Full grown they are only about 8 - 10". Kinda neet lookin snakes but I would think they are pretty small to be living around here.

atlninja82

yea i didnt kill him i was just curious to what snake it was. and yes i see ringnecks all the time when im cuttin lawns.

childers

Have you guys ever heard of a ring neck snake. They are pretty common here in north east georgia according to the internet. But I have found at least 8 - 9 of them around my place this summer. They are really small. Full grown they are only about 8 - 10". Kinda neet lookin snakes but I would think they are pretty small to be living around here.

ringnecks are black with a thin little yellow line around the back of there heard! they eat all sorts of little insects, lizards, and toads. they are great to have around the yard. we find them all the time. just go flip some bricks and junk in the yard. we all have em. they are just about the calmest snake IMO

Killdee

My wife even picks up the little decay's snakes in the yard and moves em. Laughs at em striking at her.

hound dog

Diamondback

hound dog

O maybe a copperhead