GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Deer and Small Game Hunting and Trail Cams > Deer Hunting

Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 PM

Default Tree Lounge tree stands?

Anyone know if these are any good? I don't much about climber stands but my new neighbor is Margaret Hice (founder of tree lounge) and she was telling me a lil bit about the stands. Don't really have a need for a new stand, just curious.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 PM

They're comfortable but dont plan on packing it in and out of the woods very far. They are relatively heavy. For the price of them I would look elsewhere unless she is looking to give you one!!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

They're high quality, solid, very comfortable stands. They also weigh a ton.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
The Most Interesting Man on GON

Margaret was whackin and stackin 'em for a long time out of those stands. Comfy but heavy.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 PM

Used a friends once. The comments above are accurate.

Good to hunt from, but not something you want to pack around.

The version I used was an older model.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM

I have 2 of them. They are very comfortable to sit in. If I plan on hunting all day I will usually use one. The down side to them is the weight. If I want to move around alot or walk in somewhere I will stick to my lightweight summits. I started with tree lounge and then got the lighter stands later. I think alot of people who started with lighter stands and then tried tree lounge don't have good opinions of them. But I think overall they are good and very safe stands.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 PM

I have one and would love to sell it just to get rid of it... It's too heavy and difficult to setup by yourself. I think they were a big trend when they first came out because it was the first of its kind. I'm sure their sales have plumeted...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Bulky, not too heavy, and really clangs around if you don't have it secured while carrying it through the woods. That thing could climb up a greased telephone pole though, its the safest climber you can buy. I wouldn't hunt out of a climber if it wasn't for the tree lounge.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 PM

I hunt out of one and have for 15 years and I love it!!! It is very comfortable and safe.

The one thing that I don't understand is why everyone thinks they are heavy.? I think it is fairly light, compact and very easy to carry and put on a tree.( and mine is the older square tubing model ) I have used other stands as well and the tree lounge is my favorite by far!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodonne1 View Post
I have one and would love to sell it just to get rid of it... It's too heavy and difficult to setup by yourself. I think they were a big trend when they first came out because it was the first of its kind. I'm sure their sales have plumeted...
I had one for a little while and sold it! I wish I would have kept it! In the Videos they had a set of Wheels that mounted through the Frame of the Stand so you could pull it behind you instead of carrying it. It also doubles as a Deer Cart one you have one! If you are serious about getting rid of yours shoot me a PM...I may be interested in it!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Amazing stand. great for all day hunts. we have a joke that they should make a video on how to stay awake in a tree lounge cause they r so comfortable. heave yes but VERY Very safe. in the video that it comes with it shows, i think it was, her ^^leaning completely over the side of it...while on a metal pole...didnt budge.all in all great stand. if you do get one get the "net" that goes along with it
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 PM

I had one with the bow adaptor. I've changed clothes while in the stand. You will fall asleep in one.

If I had a place that needed that kind of stand I wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Amazing stand. great for all day hunts. we have a joke that they should make a video on how to stay awake in a tree lounge cause they r so comfortable. heave yes but VERY Very safe. in the video that it comes with it shows, i think it was, her ^^leaning completely over the side of it...while on a metal pole...didnt budge.all in all great stand. if you do get one get the "net" that goes along with it
X2 for me staying awake after you get one set up is harder than packing it in and out
Past Master East Laporte Lodge #358
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM

I only hunted out of one one time. While sitting it was great but we were bow hunting and standing up on the bow adapter was just uncomfortable. I was so far from the tree and the thing had a little bounce to it that caused me to be very nervous. Good and bad points from my experence.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM

I've hunted out of a Treelounge since 1995. I have climbed just about anything with it. I usually hunt around the 30-40 foot limit. If you follow the instructions and practice with it, it will be the best stand to hunt out of. I have both models and use the square tubing one the most. Very hard to stay awake in but pack a lunch and sit all day long. Like I said practice climbing with it before just unpacking and taking to the woods (that's most us men's problems, we don't follow directions well). Bob Hice was an innovator to stands just as Bill Jordan was to Realtree camoflauge.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 AM

I really like mine. Yes it can get heavy sometimes but I feel very safe and secure when I'm in it so the trade off is worth it to me. Like others have said practice with it and you will enjoy it.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 AM

Guarantee it will not slip on a tree or anything for that matter
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Go get in a lounge chair at the pool or deck. Get in it and see if you would want to stay in that position for 3-5 hrs in a tree. Take one through narrow trails and thickets(where deer are). I think a good thing about the comfort is after lugging it in, you'll have a place to sleep.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 AM

It took me forever to come down a pine at dark, sticks too good. That bow adapter gets freaky when it's covered with snow. Guy I sold it to loves it.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Once you get it on the tree it's the best around in my opinion. Great for that mid morning nap.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 AM

My opinion the best all-day-sit and comfortable climber on the market. Been using them since they came out. Compact and easy to carry.

Set up and climbing is no problem once you get the hang of it. Bow adapter is heavy.

The Hice's made some classic hunting videos back in the day advertising these stands, see if she has a copy or two to borrow. Ask her about the Lucky Buck or Moonshine Island. She's a very nice lady.

Good luck.

WTR
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
They're comfortable but dont plan on packing it in and out of the woods very far. They are relatively heavy. For the price of them I would look elsewhere unless she is looking to give you one!!
The original model was very heavy, I have two of them. The new model, with the bow stand, weighs about 21 lbs and I also have 1 of those. While that may seem like a lot, the Summit Viper SS ways about the same. You can't go wrong with the Tree Lounge. It is ultra comfortable and is a great stand for all day hunting.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:56 AM

My son has one and i love it very safe stand i would't want him to use anything else very safe now the bow stand part never tried it dont like the way it looks use a saftey vest 4 sure if bow hunting. well as far as that goes im older now and a little more wise use safty harness all the time. good deer stand
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM

Ive been using one since the late mid 80's. Love them but heavy.
The only tricky part is turning around and a safety strap is essential.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:15 AM

They are probably the most comfy climber out there, but like stated above they are heavy and not easy to move. If you hunt somewhere that you can just leave it on the tree with little worry of someone taking it, they are hard to beat. But if you move around alot...save the money.