GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Non-Native Invasive Species > Feral Hogs: Everything hog dog

Old 11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Default Best Hog Hunter in the Ga,Fl,Al area

Who do u think is the best Hog Hunter in the area? Please dont anyone nominate theirselves, and its not going to be someone who has been hunting for only a couple of years. Finally lets keep this fun without anyone getting angry. I say Plott man Scotty Pitts from Dothan AL is the best in the tri state area and he hunts all three states and has been catching hogs for over 20 years.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:33 PM

idk i know 100 of people who have been hog hunting, most for more than 15 20 yrs that dont even know how to use the internet so idk i dotn think you could put a best on someones shoulders there are alot more hog hunters than you think
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM

I dont think there is a best hog hunter if you got good dog and catch hogs ur a hog hunter and a good one but in the state of forida i beleave gil catches the most i've heard of.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:48 PM

It's not whose the best hog hunter, it's whose got the best spots to go.

All a man does is let the dogs loose and get places to hunt.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Its ur opinion on who is the best and its for fun. Im not going give a plaque or award or anything. Lol The best places to hunt usually go to the best hunters around here, u have to produce results not just talk a big game.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Banned

Some people tend to forget........it is the dogs that do all the work. And like JohnE said.....if you got a place slap full of hogs.....well then....the dogs have it a bit easy now don't they?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM

shoot around hear the best place go to depends who has the deepest pockets. i mean i think the last time i looked fish eating creek was 16,000 or something like that and mizell island is up there too. but i dont know where yall are from but just about every truck has a dog box and if there is a dog box it is for hogs dogs not many people runnin dear or coons around hear
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Banned

most of them around here have been run so much they know whats coming...just because there are allot around ...they just don't fall to pieces when the dogs come around...they change zip codes if not area codes... i think the person goes along with the dogs...if you got a fair person with good dogs is he going to catch as many as a good person with better than average dogs
Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack View Post
Some people tend to forget........it is the dogs that do all the work. And like JohnE said.....if you got a place slap full of hogs.....well then....the dogs have it a bit easy now don't they?
X2 a hunter is as good as his dogs are. the best hunter would be the man with the best dogs and we have discussed numorous times that every hunters opion on a dog is different.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM

I should have put hunter/dog man. The best hog hunter would have dogs that he has raised and trained not bought. The reason i said should have been hunting for a while is ive saw a lot of hog hunters come in with a bunch of money and buy up a couple of dogs and then get out . We have a lot of hogs in sw GA and they r runners, when deer season goes out i be glad to take some of yall hunting and show u. I can already tell though some people wanted nominate themselves. Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA. I know that it is an opinion on who is the best and i know everybody has hunted with someone who has better dogs than they have if not u aint hunted much!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybranch02 View Post
I should have put hunter/dog man. The best hog hunter would have dogs that he has raised and trained not bought. The reason i said should have been hunting for a while is ive saw a lot of hog hunters come in with a bunch of money and buy up a couple of dogs and then get out . We have a lot of hogs in sw GA and they r runners, when deer season goes out i be glad to take some of yall hunting and show u. I can already tell though some people wanted nominate themselves. Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA. I know that it is an opinion on who is the best and i know everybody has hunted with someone who has better dogs than they have if not u aint hunted much!
When deer season goes out give me a call I'll go with ya.I like them running hogs.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM

I second that. Sg
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 PM

This is funny no one will nominate another hunter besides me and hoghunter 102. Man is everybody that arrogant?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Well I live next to an old timer who has caught more hogs then he knows what to do with. Honestly, he has killed more of every game than anyone I have ever met. I don't think he even knows what a computer looks like, let alone use one. Heck, I aint ever seen him on a phone. My point is how can I nominate the best when the best are the ones that you never hear about?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM

Its ur opinion the best u know. Ur neighbor is a prime example i dont know him, but u think hes the best. Great, im sure u mentioning him would make his day.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Banned

yeah i am sure he is thrilled, haha. Okay, I nominate "Drunk Jim". Been callin him that since I was a little kid.He's a good ole boy, and loves his Ole Milwaukee and Steel Reserve. LIsten Y'all, with midterm elections here, why don't you go ahead and put in a vote for my man Jim...he's fair, don't say too much, and can mow the heck out of a lawn. Much more than I can say for most in office
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Best one ever is whoever just called and said "let's go!" LOL
Seriously, had a bunch of great guys help me so far and still teaching me something every time we go. Wouldn't single one out and wouldn't trade a one either.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 PM

i dont think there is a best hog hunter but the best dog man slash hog hunter that i know of would have been gene brooks he could take a dog and make it do things most have never seen...
Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM

[QUOTE Why donthog/dggers have the sense of camraderie that other dog hunters have. The other hunters nominate folks for hunter of the year, dog of the year etc, through the their association, (APA) NPHA.[/quote]

Most dog men brag on their dogs,not some showboat,(or even truly outstanding) individual. And if you don't think we stick together, check out the forum you're on.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad View Post
Well I live next to an old timer who has caught more hogs then he knows what to do with. Honestly, he has killed more of every game than anyone I have ever met. I don't think he even knows what a computer looks like, let alone use one. Heck, I aint ever seen him on a phone. My point is how can I nominate the best when the best are the ones that you never hear about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderRoad View Post
yeah i am sure he is thrilled, haha. Okay, I nominate "Drunk Jim". Been callin him that since I was a little kid.He's a good ole boy, and loves his Ole Milwaukee and Steel Reserve. LIsten Y'all, with midterm elections here, why don't you go ahead and put in a vote for my man Jim...he's fair, don't say too much, and can mow the heck out of a lawn. Much more than I can say for most in office
These made me laugh out loud. Thanks ThunderRoad, needed that today. I'll throw another vote in for "Drunk Jim". Tell him to have a Ole Milwaukee in Mules honor since he won't be seeing this.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:50 PM

i have been hog hunting a long time and the best man i have been with would have to be pitts with his plotts .not putting no one down i just like the way he hunts he knows his dogs .He raised his own dogs picked them as pups and 90 percent of them made great hogdogs
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULE View Post
These made me laugh out loud. Thanks ThunderRoad, needed that today. I'll throw another vote in for "Drunk Jim". Tell him to have a Ole Milwaukee in Mules honor since he won't be seeing this.
I am honored to have you aboard my good sir...I will hand him a brew saying, "this bud's for you, Drunk Jim. From me, and Mule at the GON board."

Then he will say, "what the heck is a GON board?"
Then I will say, "Just shut up and drink you ole' rumpot"

THATS 2 FOR DRUNK JIM!!!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:53 PM

To all the best hog hunters! Prove your dogs and yourselves by entering the wild hog challenge at Bass Pro in Macon. Let's see what you can bring in. I don't want to hear any excuses about being too far. This is the one boys; put up or shut up!Good prize money plus bragging rights. I personally challenge every hog hunter out there to see what we can bring in. It's time to get fired up!

Last edited by hawg dawg; 11-03-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

FINE....I nominate Sean Kelly!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 PM

hawg dawg I will be there for sure but I wish the format was a little diffrent it kind of seems to me that any one who has some dogs can get lucky and catch one big hog I wish it was the most hogs or the most weight on 5 hogs would be even better just my 2 cents