Bear Camp - 2011-12 in the books...

Marlin_444

Friday 3/23 - Sunday 3/25...

Join us for the Spring Turkey Hunt on the mountain; it aint Bear Huntin...

Gobblers all around us...

Gobblesallaround.jpg

*V*

All Done but one...

* Bow - 09/10/2011 DONE
* Black Powder - 10/15/2011- DONE
* Modern Gun - 10/22/2011 - DONE
* End of Season - 12/03/2011 - DONE

Coming up... Turkey Season Opener - 03/24...

Review previous years posts -

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=452211

Let us all know your planning, questions, observations and opinions...

NOTE: Roll Call begins 30+/- days from opener -

- Bow 8/10'ish
- BP and Modern 9/15'sh

Some of the highlights to expect -

Primitive Camping:rolleyes:, water from a jug and a hand held toilet = Shovel (please keep seperate); Great Campfires where lotsa yarn is spun :hair: (you know them things that male cows leave in a field); especially if someone's Brother in Law shows up. Then there's the Wildgame Grillin. Nose spray, ear plugs and or phones helpful but not required:bounce:!

Then there's the real reason for doing this - The North Georgia Mountain Hunting...

*v*

Last edited:

Marlin_444

Deer Season in Alabama...

Hey All -

OK, lesson learned about disposable camera's... Use them for a trip and then get the film developed ASAP... I lost all of the pics I took from my 9 day Bear Hunt in the Jacks Gap area of North Georgia this season...

I did however have deer pics on the camera... Here is the one of "Shorty" my Custom '71 Marlin 444s and the last two does I popped on January 22nd...

03_15.jpg

I will be picking them up from the processor next weekend...

This is the 2nd doe on my first day of Muzzle Loader Season (11/17) at "Smith Lake" (Yellowcreek Hunting Club in Houston, AL), took her with my CVA Optima Pro Magnum, clean pass through shoulder to shoulder at 100 yards with 150 grains (three pellets) T7 and a 270 Grain Powerbelt Paltinum -

01_17-1.jpg

This Butterball Nanny was taken at 150 yards with my Browning 300 Win Mag using Federal Fusion 165 Grainer -

02_16.jpg

It was a bountiful season for my "Trophy Room" (aka Freezer)... WOO HOO!!!

Post some of your favorite pics from this season...

See you in the woods...

Ron

7Mag Hunter

I'm for Turkey opener !!!!!
Really bummed out I missed the fun in 2010,
but glad you had a great season.......

Look forward to seeing the Outlaws again !!!!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I'm for Turkey opener !!!!!
Really bummed out I missed the fun in 2010,
but glad you had a great season.......

Look forward to seeing the Outlaws again !!!!

Hey we have gone straight. No tickies this past year

at least that anyone fessed up too. :stir:

Marlin_444

No infractions...

Admitted to...

We did shoot the Bear Decoy bout a thousand times...

But hey, It's all good!!!

Hey Bowstring, where are you Brutha?

See you in the woods...

Ron

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I looked out the front window Sunday about 4 and there was a small flock under the oak tree. :woooohooooo:

Marlin_444

Now, dang... I gotta get the long bow out and practice... Time to work up a load & pattern the 12 GA muzzle stuffer too... I want to bring my Son-in-law out with me... We deer hunted, but he did not see anything... I did but the two does were too small (Yearlings), I put momma in the freezer earlier :) :p :D ;)... Won't be long now...

See you in the woods...

Ron

Marlin_444

Sucks you lost all your pics from last year. :(

Oh well...

Memories will last a life time...

It'll soon be time to make new ones!!!

No sense in looking backwards too much:p

See you in the woods...

Ron

ranger374

hope to be there

hate you lost all the pics ron. guess it's a good thing you didn't get a big ole bear, or you would be pestering us to send you some pics:smash:

has anyone mentioned doing a scouting trip before Turkey day opens?? hopefully i can make it.

i was registered for a fire class that week, but got put on a waiting list, so hopefully i can make it up there.

ranger374

as far as season pics go, i should have one of a big ole bear, but-well you know how that went:(

anyways, i did add a deer to the trophy wall, and 2 slick heads to the freezer.

when trapping season ends in a couple of weeks, i'll post a season end pic of those too.

anyways here's my little old deer

Attachments

• IMG_0018A.JPG
    IMG_0018A.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 3,405

Marlin_444

Howard, nobody can take away that RUSH you had when you pulled the trigger - - You got the KA BOOM but unfortunately not the PLOP...

New season is upon us soon...

See you in the woods...

Ron

ranger374

Little ole Deer !!!! Little ole Deer !!!!!

Thats a blinkin MONSTER !!!!!:yeah:

Congrats !!!!!! Is that a GA deer ??????
Man.......

yeah, it's a GA deer. never knew he was around till the day i shot him. the fella hunting behind us had a BIG 8 pt on his camera that he had been getting pics of all year, but never saw this one. guess the rut got him moving out of his home range and i was just at the right place at the right time. now i got another taxidermy bill:D

Marlin_444

Hey Y'all -

Hokked up with Pnome at BPS yesterday, I was in town to get my taxes done (been using same person for 15 years) and My Sister in Law (Morrow Mustang Class '84) hsd her Mustang Mayhem birthday wing ding at the Wishing Well in Stockbridge last night... My wife graduated from Morrow High in the class of '79...

Hope to see y'all March 26th and 27th for Turkey Day opener at the end of 296...

See you in the woods...

Ron

Marlin_444

Turkey Hunt / Planning Weekend

Hey All -

I hit 49 on March 1, 2011 and I am excited about it!

Why you might ask... Well, who ever the BIG guy is; he is seeing fit allow me to see another Turkey Season...

This year a few of us Bear Huntin Fools have decided to hit 296 for the opener!

Bring any new (or old) toys and we'll do some target practice :)

We'll do a roll call in a couple weeks...

See you in the woods...

Ron

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
""I hit 49 on March 1, 2011 and I am excited about it! "" Dang Ron I barely remember when I was 49 :bounce::bounce::bounce: Happy B'day ya youngster

Marlin_444

""I hit 49 on March 1, 2011 and I am excited about it! "" Dang Ron I barely remember when I was 49 :bounce::bounce::bounce: Happy B'day ya youngster

Hey Brother Eddie -

Today I am 17 - 32 years later...

Mein80-1.jpg

Age is indeed like Mind over matter... If you don't mind it don't matter...

I woke up this morning excited to get the day started, hugged my wife before she was out the door for work; then lit a candle of Joy and Concern for the World, our GREAT Country and our Soldiers fighting for our freedom...

My daughter hugged my neck as she was leaving for classes at The University of Alabama...

God is indeed good... I look forward to seeing you all soon!!!

SCREAM A LITTLE and I'll see you in the woods...

Ron