Hog processors.

Bambibuster21

Does anyone know any feral hog processors in the northwest Ga area? What is the general price for having one processed?

Wes

www.wildgameprocessors.com - I just checked Floyd and Bartow counties and nothing poped up so I added the WRD region field so you can search from there. Rome is Region 1, also choose Hog Processors. I got three results.

usually priced per lb (size of hog) and then extra for sausage.call ahead and make sure they are open. Most processors that only do deer and feral hogs aren't working right now because they don't make enough money to cover costs- unless you are bringing in 5-10 pigs. They don't want to crank up coolers, clean tables and tools and wash everything down for one hog.

Let me know if you find one and review them please

Update - I saw another post and they said Sheriffs in Calhoun does it. I called and they are open year round and process hogs.

Last edited:

Bambibuster21

Thanks man, im glad there is one up here. Im planning on going down to southern ga soon to hopefully slaughter some pork.

Wes

Also check out Adairsville Wild Game Processors in Bartow. I called them this morning to confirm they are open and can process hogs. For some reason he wasn't on the DNR or Dept of Ag list I received.

goner123

pork processing

I live in Kennesaw. Acworth has a butcher shop Finleys right next to Five Guys on Cobb Prkwy (41). He does a phenomenal job. Very expensive but the sausage and cured hams are the best you can get. We took a hog to the Mexican grocery store in Kennesaw and had chirizo(mexican sausage)made and pork chops cut up. $50 He skinned it for us too. Somebody in the store spoke English and translated for us. After eating the sausage I wish I would have had it all made into sausage.