I shot myself in the hand (little graphic)

FFJCook

Ok boys let the bashing begin. I was at home the other day and I had just gotten a new revolver the previous day. trying to get a feel or the gun and get used to it. Ok to start with I was unfamiliar with gun hence the reason for getting used to it. i opened the cylinder and dumped the bullets and shut the cylinder. two mistakes i made i did not count the bullets that came out and i did not clear the cylinder. That is my stupidity, that is a mistake i will live with for the rest of my life. It happened too easy and I never thought this could happened to me. What happened next is just a blur now some how the hammer got cocked and the trigger pulled still to this day i do not know how it happened. my left pointer was in front of the barrel and i have shot the second joint of the finger off. as of now i still have the tip of my finger but i will find out tomorrow if i get to keep it or we might cut what is left off. I was reel skeptical about posting this because of how ashamed of what happened but i hope that a mistake i made can help others take a little more caution when handling firearms. remember i did not think this could happen to so I know i can happen to anybody else here are some pics while was in ths ER.
DSCN0889.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 4,742

Nugefan

THATS gonna leave a mark ....:hammers:

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ouch....that's gotta hurt. I don't really know what else to say.

Is this your first revolver?

Money man

I know it is too late for you but I do hope that this posts helps others. Thank God no one was standing in front of you and your finger was the only casualty.

BBQBOSS

Banned
Hey man, it could be worse. Glad no one else was hit and glad it was just a finger. Stuff happens man. :smash: I will cut you a break and wait for the others to bash you. ::ke: ::ke: :bounce:

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
Some folks just don't need guns.

Do ya want to sell it?

boneboy96

That sure looks like it's gonna hurt alot more later on! Glad noone else was injured.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A couple of lessons learned. I`m glad it was not worse, and I`m also glad that you will realize your sigline.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
There are no second chances with firearms. I hate that happened, but it could have been worse. Hang in there and get well.

Latest posts