Anyone have deer feeding trough plans?

BonaireBuzz

I'd like to see what everyone is using? We have several basic feeding troughs that are heavy and in need of repair or replacement. Let's see what you have or plans for the feeders that you use. Thanks

davel

Buy you a plastic 55 gallon barrel and cut it in half. Make a frame, attach legs and posts , add a sheet of metal or plastic roofing from Home Depot or Lowe's and you have your feeder.
Good luck!

leephuggins

Deer Feeding Trough Plans & Materials List

Here is a plan and materials list for a "Deer Feeding Trouph". If you have any questions you can contact me at lee.huggins@comcast.net. Best regards, Lee

Attachments

• Deer Feeder Trough.pdf
    250.2 KB · Views: 3,354

doerun101

Here is a simple trough we built. 2 4x4's, 1 particle board for the roof and any lumber you have to build a trough. Place 2 50lbs bags of feed/corn and build it to suit. Not house building but cheap and it lasts. bottom of trough 28-30 inches to the bottom..cut 2 2x4's the width of the particle board. here is a pic.. we built 3 like this and they held up to 150lbs of feed and the bucks did not hesitate to stick their head in the through to eat. Notice we let the roof remain pretty high off the trough for the bucks..you could put some tin on the roof to extend it if you want..

Attachments

• CDY_0039.jpg
    CDY_0039.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 9,148

leephuggins

Deer Trouph Feeder

Here are plans and materials list for a "Deer Trouph Feeder". Best regards, LeeH

Attachments

• Deer Feeder Trough.pdf
    250.2 KB · Views: 1,491

BANDERSNATCH

used your plans this weekend! Thanks so much! Pretty proud of myself .... not being much of a carpenter! All totaled I had about $120 in it.

as you can tell, I made one big mistake. lol I made the trough 8' long instead of 6'! Do you think the white tin will scare off game?

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpg
    IMG_4395.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 23,161
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 24,411
deer are colored blind not gonna matter may take them sometime to get used to eating out of it smell something different they might be leary of it for awhile but will eventually use it depends on your deer all are different pressure etc