GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Archery and Primitive Skills > Bowhunting

Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Default barnett quad 400

Looking to get another crossbow. I took last year off because of back surgery. Im ready to go this year. I was wanting some opinions about the quad 400.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 PM

idk much about it but i work at the new academy up in snellville and we have it for 299.99 until the 13th and then it goes back to 399.99 come see me if u decide to get it.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 AM

I've got the Barnett Quad 400 AVI. First, the good...

It's fast, it's accurate and it's reasonable priced.

The bad...

The limbs are laminated, visibly laminated. and this appears to be a weakness. Mine splintered on me and I had to send it off to get replaced. This happened after the warranty ended (probably shot about 60-70 times). Total cost, including new limbs, strings, cables, shipping, was $120.

Barnett customer service sucks too. I called them several times and was passed from customer service to the repairers number... it just went to voice mail and said to leave my number. I did and never got a call. Next I tried email. Sent the 2 emails and both said to call the customer service number (see above). Finally, I sent 2 more emails explaining that I was getting no where with the number and it looked like I was getting no where with email as well. Finally, after 4 months of cat and mouse, I was given an address and work order number so I could mail the limbs back for repair. It took only about 2 and half weeks to get it back.

Anyway, I just got it back a week and a half ago. I'm thinking of selling it. Did I mention it's fast and accurate?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexal View Post
I've got the Barnett Quad 400 AVI. First, the good...

It's fast, it's accurate and it's reasonable priced.

The bad...

The limbs are laminated, visibly laminated. and this appears to be a weakness. Mine splintered on me and I had to send it off to get replaced. This happened after the warranty ended (probably shot about 60-70 times). Total cost, including new limbs, strings, cables, shipping, was $120.

Barnett customer service sucks too. I called them several times and was passed from customer service to the repairers number... it just went to voice mail and said to leave my number. I did and never got a call. Next I tried email. Sent the 2 emails and both said to call the customer service number (see above). Finally, I sent 2 more emails explaining that I was getting no where with the number and it looked like I was getting no where with email as well. Finally, after 4 months of cat and mouse, I was given an address and work order number so I could mail the limbs back for repair. It took only about 2 and half weeks to get it back.

Anyway, I just got it back a week and a half ago. I'm thinking of selling it. Did I mention it's fast and accurate?
I have heard a lot of the same...

go to google and search reviews for the product you want.. you'll find a lot of bad reviews on barnetts.

I just went thru this process as I bought my daughter one. After a lot of reasearch I settled on a Excalibur for her. Most all of the reviews went like this.. fast and accurate,
great warrantee... great customer service and not a lot of fancy crap to break.. Waiting for it to arrive this week.

Also, I have a buddy in retail that sells a lot of hunting stuff. I called and asked him. First words out of his mouth were stay away from the barnetts,( his top seller x-bows) thats the x-bow they have the most returns on. He works in a pretty large store that specializes in this kinda stuff. I had to take his word into consideration.

Best of luck on your hunt for a crossbow.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:48 PM

Take alook at the excalibur Axiom kit.Fast and very accurate.