Magazine capacity

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Can any one point me in the direction of where it states the maximum magazine capacity you are allowed in center fire rifles ?
In the regs booklet, it only speaks of shotguns limited to 5 rounds.
I have an SKS I'd like to try out this year. I have already bought a 5 round magazine for it, but do I really need to swap out the magazine ? I bought a paratrooper model with neutered bayonet and I'm leaving it in the wood stock. My son would like to use his, but he doesn't have a 5 round magazine.
Thanks,

Mako22

BANNED
My understanding is that there is no limit on magazine capacity but dont trust me on it. I use a five round mag for my AR as the 30 round mag is just too bulky for deer hunting.

ryanh487

No limit, even if there was it's more than 5-- many lever guns hold 7 in the tube and those are pretty popular.

georgia_home

In GA no limit on center fire rifle.

Shotgun, 5 for deer. Just as you have found.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I called DNR, but you know what that does. I have found nothing that say's any different then what I posted. I even looked at nexus lexus and found nothing. I'm just trying to stay within the law. These days, it's really hard. Thanks to all that gave advise !

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If no law says anything contrary it's not illegal.

there is no limit on a centerfire rifles' magazine capacity for deer hunting. you can hunt with a hundred round drum magazine if you want to, as long as it has expanding bullets loaded in it.

who do ya'll keep calling at DNR that don't know the answer to these questions?

T

Rhino

No magazine limit on rifle.

Where is it written about expanding bullet regulations?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
No magazine limit on rifle.

Where is it written about expanding bullet regulations?

27-3-4. Legal weapons for hunting wildlife generally

(snip)

(3) Firearms for hunting deer, bear, and feral hogs are limited to 20 gauge shotguns or larger shotguns loaded with slugs or buckshot (except that no buckshot is permitted on state wildlife management areas unless otherwise specified), muzzleloading firearms of .44 caliber or larger, and center-fire firearms .22 caliber or larger; provided, however, that firearms for hunting feral hogs, other than those weapons specified in this paragraph, may be authorized by rule or regulation of the board. Bullets used in all center-fire rifles and handguns must be of the expanding type;