Ancient Antarctic lake to be probed....

stringmusic

Will definitely be interesting, however, they wont find anything that proves evolution or God doesn't exist like so many would hope or think.

BANDERSNATCH

don't jump the string, Sting! lol who knows....they may find evidence of these 'proto cells' that, if evolution is true, had to have existed.

2 miles of ice! that's a lot! Have any of you ever read about those WWII planes (or WWI, can't remember) that were buried in ice? It was amazing how much ice covered these planes in a short, known amount of time. I'll have to dig that up. (no pun intended) :)

bigreddwon

Ive heard about mammoth meat that was preserved so well it could be thawed out , cooked and eaten. Don't know how true it was.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ive heard about mammoth meat that was preserved so well it could be thawed out , cooked and eaten. Don't know how true it was.

True, a good many have been found frozen intact, and it has been sampled by a few, but I doubt if it was really good to eat, so to speak. Folks tend to think mammoths are found frozen and encased in a block of ice, all clean and slicked up. In reality, most are found frozen in mud, and look purty bad. Think of a long haired hog, flash frozen in a mudhole, and you`ll be close. :D

bigreddwon

True, a good many have been found frozen intact, and it has been sampled by a few, but I doubt if it was really good to eat, so to speak. Folks tend to think mammoths are found frozen and encased in a block of ice, all clean and slicked up. In reality, most are found frozen in mud, and look purty bad. Think of a long haired hog, flash frozen in a mudhole, and you`ll be close. :D

Is it normal that I'm hungry now?

:biggrin3:

I didn't know there's a Southern Ocean. Good to know.

StriperAddict