Shooting range in or around Forsyth County

Jagter

Anyone know of an outdoor rifle range (100 yards or more) in Forsyth County or any of the surrounding counties?

Thanks

GunnSmokeer

Riverbend Gun Club

Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville (close to where Forsyth County, Cherokee County, and Dawson County come together) is about a 15 minute drive from Cumming.

It's a private club, but the "matches" are all open to the public. They have service rifle matches, hunting rifle matches, highpower rifle shoots, etc. at the big rifle range that has one backstop and firing lines at 200, 300, and 600 yards.

I just took my M1 Garand to a hunting rifle sight-in day. Fired a dozen rounds at 200 yards, then a dozen more at 300 including several shot at a moving target, and finished off the last of my ammo at 600 yards (I was getting groups the size of a Maytag washing machine, but other shooters on the line with scoped rifles were getting groups the size of a Frisbee).

Check the calendar at the club's website to see what matches are coming up that would fit the kind of rifle you want to shoot.

www.rbgc.org

P.S. It's a nice range to belong to as a member. I don't want to discourage you from becoming a member if you're so inclined.

Last edited:

georgia_home

There was another thread posted on his exact, I mean exact, Forsyth county / cumming.

Look for a post in that thread by Germag. Many answers.

Best / mostly free (?GORP?) I know of is Wilson shoals.

tv_racin_fan

Trouble with Wilson Shoals is it is only a 75 yard range.

Stieet

Try this page. It may help you.

wheretoshoot.org