Old 12-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Default Bigfoot!!!!

yall know how your mind starts wandering while you sitting in the stand for hours on end. well I had a thought the other day. say your sitting in your stand, and a bigfoot steps out at 20 yards, perfect quartering away shot. knowing that there has never been positive evidence of their exsistance. do you shoot it or let it walk? If you where to shoot it, could any charges be brought against you for doing it? there is no season on them, and their not a game animal. Im not sure what I would do.
ps; Im not crazy or anything like that!
Old 12-02-2004, 12:36 PM

I seem to remember hearing that they made it illegal to shoot bigfoot in one or more of the western coast states, maybe WA, OR, CA or AK.

In any case, if it weren't a game animal or classified as a varmint - you might get yourself charged with some violation in almost any state. Of course the authorities would probably confiscate the carcass and you couldn't even sell it to pay for your legal defense. On the other hand you'd be forever
(in)famous, depending on one's point of view.

Last edited by leoparddog; 12-02-2004 at 12:36 PM. Reason: changed AL to AK
Old 12-02-2004, 12:49 PM

What would I do if Bigfoot walked out in my deer woods?

I wouldn't never hunt in that county agin,dem thangs jest look too much like folks :speechles
Old 12-02-2004, 12:54 PM

he's feral game--i'd shoot him.

i hear they make great jerky! i just wonder what a bigfoot full-body mount would run???
Old 12-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Retired Admin

I know where a big foot crosses the road a couple of times a day in Heard. Dont belive me you say? Ask Dawn2Dusk he has been with me a couple of times when we saw him.

Jim
Old 12-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Im sure that he was being chased by a black panther!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Stolen Game cams and Bigfoot? Coincidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lthomas
I have heard storys of hunters who have claimed to of seen the creature. I have always wondered in my mind why it is that they did not shoot that critter. I have heard the same excuse by folks. " It looks to much like a human." Me myself, I would have layed that critter out. Their is no way that the Gov can prosicute you for a shooting a critter that they deem as non exhistant. Besides, If this creature were to exhist, why is it that out of all the trail cams in the world, none have gotten an exposure of big foot?
Some folks say that they are just to intelligent. Intelligence as to avoid humans I can accept, However, intelligence with built in Game cam radar is not a very good argument.
I know of a lot of guys that are afraid of their own shadow. I worry more about snakes and large angry boar hogs. Not some 1500 lb ape man creature that lurks in the back of the minds of grown men that have to wait till daylight to head to the stand.
GAME CAMS? Seems a lot have been stolen in the past few years? Bigfoot may be the culprit. The flash goes off, and Bam! Bigfoot confiscates it. Now there's a thought! :speechles
Old 12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Roosevelt Ranger

I hope y'all don't shoot!

It may be Hilton!!! :speechles
Old 12-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ITS STARTING TO MAKE SENSE NOW!
Old 12-02-2004, 01:59 PM

Jeff,
you just made sure you got to Hilton before he got to you!!

How far do you think a person could get in court using this defense:

"I thought it was Big Foot. How was I to know it was my (shiftless, good for nothing) hairy brother-in-law?" :speechles
Old 12-02-2004, 07:09 PM

Heres what walked in front of my buddys game cam a few weeks ago.
Killdee
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ga

Some of the stories will raise the hair on the back of your neck. I ain't sayin that I do or don't believe, but too many folks seem to have seen something.

Bird hunter only here, so I'd most likely be armed with low brass 7.5 shot in a 12ga. It ain't gonna get a shot outa my gun unless it makes the first move, and is within 10 yards.

Nick T
Old 12-02-2004, 07:48 PM

Killdee
That looks like Michael Jackson from his "Thriller Video" or was that Latoilet? :speechles
Old 12-02-2004, 07:58 PM

Man, ya'll quit all this talk! Now I'm a mid day hunter, for good
Old 12-02-2004, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killdee
Killdee
Now that's funny right there!!!! *LMBO*
Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Banned

i just cant make myself fall for such a mythical creature.... i quit believing in santa a long time ago!!!!

but lets say i was in a fairy tale and big foot walked out i would shoot him in a heart beat!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 PM

Default thats good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killdee
Killdee
HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:05 PM
HT2

Lightbulb Phil.....

If'n it's a "BIGFOOT" or somethin' that I don't know what it is........And, it's looks a bit scary and maybe like it can whip my butt.....

I "SHOOT" and then figure out what to do later.......
Old 12-02-2004, 11:03 PM
GONetwork Member

Default wow

I just played the ohio sound recording from the link that Nick T gave, scared the bejevives out of me!! the cat and dogs seem to have dissapeared somewere too!!! :speechles :speechles :speechles
Old 12-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Borck
I think this a real photo of him in his living room!
tom--please stop posting that picture of broadhead. you know how conscious he is of people seeing his ugly furniture!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:50 AM
HT2

Exclamation T B......

Now that is just plain "nasty"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 AM

Default speaking of bigfoot . . .

a buddy of mine i grew up with swears this happened to his dad . . .

his father and a family friend were hunting together years ago and it was brutally cold so no one was out on their lease that day. they both got so cold in the woods they decided to head back and sit in the truck for a little while to warm up.

as luck would have it, as they were getting into the truck a small buck popped out just down the road and the friend shot the buck. this was behind the truck. they figured they'd pick him up later and warm up in the truck a bit first so they got in. after warming up, his father took a peak in the rearview mirror and didn't see the buck out there any more. they'd watched him drop in his tracks earlier so this baffled both of them. they got out to see what was up and they said they saw huge footprints and drag marks on the ground where something big had dragged the deer off!

they searched for more sign of the dead buck but found none. no blood, nothing. after seeing those huge footprints they decided to get out of there!

hey, i wasn't there and he swears it happened. take it for what it's worth to you!
Old 12-03-2004, 11:40 AM

Im pretty sure I wouldn't shoot one unless it was a threat to me... you never know what somebody may be doing to pull a prank. There would always be a doubt in my mind that it may be a costume. Now if somebody is stupid and foolish enough to run around the woods during deer season with an ape suit on may need to be erased from the gene pool anyways!!

Great link Nick T, thats some pretty intresting stuff... I want to believe but I just think that Georgia is too heavily hunted (deer, etc.) and explored not to turn up some kind of tangible evidence.But as others have said there are animals in our very deer woods that we never see or find dead but they are for sure there... so who knows??
Old 12-03-2004, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_T
http://www.bfro.net/GDB/state_listing.asp?state=ga

Some of the stories will raise the hair on the back of your neck. I ain't sayin that I do or don't believe, but too many folks seem to have seen something.

Bird hunter only here, so I'd most likely be armed with low brass 7.5 shot in a 12ga. It ain't gonna get a shot outa my gun unless it makes the first move, and is within 10 yards.

Nick T
Click on the "Cherokee County" link and you'll see the report I made of what I saw years ago...

Neat site -- It's always been a favorite of mine!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:21 PM

this is pretty wild, but i was checking out the bfro.net site on bigfoot sightings in georgia. they had two listed for tattnall county and i viewed those.

the first sighting in 1982 actually took place at the old beards creek church. this run-down church and the land were purchased back in the early 90's by the father of one of my best friends. the church is on the area road around ft. stewart. they remodeled the church inside and out and turned it into a weekend getaway home since they lived up in marietta. place didn't even have a phone line since his father really wanted to "get away".

last time i passed by there was in the summer and they had a for sale sign up. the last time i actually spend the night in the house was around 1997 or so. i was down there a number of times through the early to mid 90's and hunted ft. stewart which was right across the street.

barry never mentioned bigfoot sightings around there. according to the website guys at stewart had an encounter in dec., 1995.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:58 PM

The Bermuda Triangle has always intrigued me! Stuff that's "unexplainable" has always piqued my interest... Bermuda Triangle, Nessie, Bigfoot, women..
Old 12-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

how about women with big feet?
Old 12-03-2004, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL M
how about women with big feet?
Why does that movie "Duece Bigelow Male Jigelow" come to mind when I read that???
Old 12-03-2004, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Borck
. . . saw a Bigfoot around 2am in the morning crossing the highway!
tom--you sure it wasn't someone we know's ex-girlfriend????
Old 12-03-2004, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I think this a real photo of him in his living room!
Hey Powell!
Take off your sweater and stay a while!

No Bigfoot encounters for me unless you count the student that I taught in sixth grade. He wore a size 22. No joke.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:10 PM

Default fuel to the fire

My younger brother and I used to "hunt" each other with bbguns, I know its was a bad idea, shoot your eye out and all, and dont let your kids read this but anyway we would run around at night up close to the Fort Mtn lookout playing army and with almost no traffic on Rt 52 west at midnight, we would walk back home along the road...I had climbed a tree with plans to either drop out of it on top of my brother or atleast ambush him as he worked his way back down the mtn. Well along came two vehicles and I could just make out my brothers outline, ghillie clad, in the fog, as he jumped off into the woods in front of the headlights. The two trucks came to an abrupt halt just down in front of me, guys jumped out with flashlights, and gun rack firearms no doubt, and hastly found courage in one another, "Did you see that thing?" "Yea but what was it" "I dont' know but lets get the explicative out a here". Truck doors slammed and tires squealad away...I started laughing so hard I nearly fell out the tree, my brother quickly acquired my position and made his way back up the bluff to me. I shinyed on down and we started walking on towards home together, the fog got thicker, and without flashlights of our own, we could only keep our path by following the pavement in the pitch black. All of a suden, the most bone chilling, hair raising, growl/roar stopped us in our tracks, it seemed to come from within inches of our face and all around us. frozen with fear boys, I then broke out in a knee knocking tremble that prompted us both to involuntarily Rooaar back at whatever we had meet up with in the darkness. I have never felt so primal and ready for blood in all my life. My brother and I had both instinctualy drew our $10 bowie knives and bbguns to the alternate hip and its sheer wonder why we didn't end up hacking each other up.....My friends, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that this was not a dog and not a wild hog, it could have been a bear but I didn't care, we hightailed it the rest of the way home runin off the road and into the ditch numerous times just because it was so dark we couldn't keep up with curves in teh road... What we dished out earlier in the night sure came back to haunt us ten fold....

And almost the exact same thing happened a few years later as we had hiked into cohutta down Jacks river trail, lost the trail after dark, and stumbled our way down the river bed towards beechbottom. This time the knives came out again, we squared up back to back and prepared to do battle, the growls (multiple) were halted by the owners voice as a camper called off his two dobermans. This time however the growls registered as that of dogs and we were able to ease on down the river without the temporary paralysis experienced the first time...

Ive also been growled out by a wild hogs, yes they do growl, while sleeping in an old roadbed along a tributary to Jacks river...apparantly a litter of pigs had made its way up the creek, and walked right through our primitive camp, no tents, before realizing everybody was to close for comfort...Post the first two experiences, this didn't even warent me to lay my hand my rifle, I just rolled over and went back to sleep...

well, enough, this is turning into a book..and yes its amazing we're still alive...
Old 12-03-2004, 02:55 PM

FX, thanks for sharing that story! I can't tell you how many times I've been popped with a BB doing the same thing you described.

Not the smartest thing to do in the world, but what else are 8 kids on the same hill going to do after school? Football??????
Old 12-03-2004, 03:35 PM

20 yard shot, quartering away at what I am sure is a Bigfoot? Yes, I'd shoot. Then I'd call my ammo manufacturer, my knife manufacturer, my clothes manufacturer, my boots manufacturer, my truck manufacturer... And a lawyer. Cha ching! -JerryC

T Borck, I wonder if what was seen in the Keys was a skunk ape instead???
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
GONetwork Member

Jim and D2d that was just Huntnut you saw after no shave/shower/ect all weekend at C.H.H.C. :speechles eddy
Old 12-03-2004, 05:40 PM

Cool s,s&s

When I was out in WY last month, a local shed antler hunter told me their local rule for encounters with grizzlies, wolves, panthers, etc. =
"Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up".
: "What bigfoot? Are you crazy or something?"
Old 09-13-2008, 04:18 AM

haha very very true
the most unexplainable of all women
Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Dawgy_Daddy

ITs funny that Cohutta was mentioned. My wife works at the USFS and there was a few guys that came up about once or twice a year to look for Big Foots (big feet?) any way he hasnt been around for the past couple of years and he showed up just last week. All of his help quit but he says he has proof of several big foots on Chattahoochee National Forest. Im thinking of offering him my help just to see what he has.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Dang I Thought Someone Had Done Stuck A Bigfoot

Then I Seen This Thread Was Started Back In 2004
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 AM

yea, I'd done been reading for a while. When then, checked the date.

he he.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM

i think bigfoot has been stealling our stands and tearing up or gates at our club
Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 PM

I thought the guy I bought that stand from was a little too hairy.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 AM

I went to the site they mentioned, the one sighting of BF in Paulding Co.
was rite besides my house. hannah swamp..yites
Old 10-10-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvin View Post
I went to the site they mentioned, the one sighting of BF in Paulding Co.
was rite besides my house. hannah swamp..yites
just keep him down there,don't want to see that thang up at burnt hickory
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 AM

I hear ya, That same area is where I take my little one to pan fish.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 PM

I personally dont believe in FOOTS, but have a buddy who swears he saw (what appeared to be a BIGFOOT by legend) one. He literally will not talk about it......sounds crazy, but Ill bring it up every couple of years, and he says nothing....I always thought, man thats a way to respond to something you cant explain...unlike all the folks who claim to have seen one and go on tv and just ramble about it..........creepy......other buddies have asked him about it....but they get the same response......he was freaked out for a couple years over it they claimed....and he says nobody believes him anyway so thats why he just doesn t even talk about it.......but this could all be a big myth hes created
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM

If I haven't ever seen one, then how will I claim I made a positive ID on the target before shooting??

I am going to let what ever it is walk and wait for a doe to come by.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Ya'll may think me crazy but i was turkey hunting in between redding and red Bluff Ca years ago and came across some tracks that looked like Shaq had been walking barefoot around the creek...I got a plater cast of one of them...never have seen the actual Sasquatch creature but it sure did set my neckhairs on edge when i figured out what those prints were.

here is a video link to a supposed "saquatch" walking under a video trailcam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVFE02NTgU

Camera was strapped to a branch about 10 feet above feeder pointing down when this was caught, location near the Klamath River, Oregon/California border
Old 06-11-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog316 View Post

here is a video link to a supposed "saquatch" walking under a video trailcam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHVFE02NTgU

Camera was strapped to a branch about 10 feet above feeder pointing down when this was caught, location near the Klamath River, Oregon/California border
That video was proven to be of a chimp named "Oliver"...
he was a chimp that had a lot of human characteristics. Google him for more info... Those Youtube Bigfoot videos are pretty cool though!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 PM

Every one of y'all are crazy...certified crazy if you think there is even ONE bigfoot in GA...Its only Rosie O'Donnel out for a stroll...relax.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

shoot him in the leg, if screams you shot me you know its not real.