OWL 3D Tournament/Shoot for disabled folks and Wounded Warriors

Arrow Flinger

Outdoors Without Limits and the Gainesville Archery Club is hosting a 3D shoot and tournament on August 18th. We will be hosting folks with many disabilities from mild to severe. For many, this will be their first taste of archery. We will have crossbows set up for them to learn on and participate in the shoot with. We will also have active Wounded Warriors from Fort Benning and Fort Gordon participate along with folks from the National Wounded Warrior program. I am not sure of the number of folks but I expect 50+ participants. It could even be more.

What I need is volunteers to help with the shoot. We will need to have 1 volunteer with each group of 4 of the more abled body folks and 2-3 with the folks in chairs.
We will also be doing some fun shoots and will need folks to help with those. I am estimating that we will need 20+ volunteers. I would also love to have a doctor or nurse on site due to heat concerns.

We are a non profit organization and do not charge the participants a dime to come to our events. We run on donations and volunteers.

Also if you or any of your sponsors are interested, we are seeking donations for prizes for the tournament. We are a 501C3 so any donations are tax deductable.

The participants are the most grateful group of folks you will ever meet and you will leave an event with a different outlook on life. I can honestly say that most volunteers get way more from the events than the participants. It is a Life Changing Experiance!

If you are interested in helping out, you can PM me with your name and phone number or email me at owlhunt@att.net

For more info on OWL, do a search on this forum for Outdoors Without Limits and you will see what we do along with many testimonials from Woodies Members about what the events have meant to them. You can also check us out at outdoorswithoutlimits.net

Thanks
Tim Rowe

Dyrewulf

I added it to the 323 Archery web page - I think I have a whopping 30-40 visits each day at this point (I've only had the page up for about two weeks) but every little bit helps. I'll look at my work rotations and see if I can help out.
Niko