360 in action...<")))><

Nothin but Fish

A shout out to Robert Eidson for the heads up on some "fishy" action on the west side of town...

I got up at "odark thirty" this am and ran over to Toona to check it out and see what I could see on 360. Right off the bat I see some schooling fish and I do mean "see"....360 that is...you see it below ;):cool: I boated a couple of "green fish" before moving on to where some other GON brothers were bendin their rods. Well after 30 minutes or so of watchin I was determined to see if I could get some stink in the boat with a good ol Captain Mack 3/8 oz jig tipped with a small white swim bait...:clap::yeah:

You tell me can you see what was happenin....:cheers::banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vBmT3BNgo&feature=g-upl

Attachments

• S00200.jpg
    S00200.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6,024
  • S00201.jpg
    S00201.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,998
  • S00208.jpg
    S00208.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 5,261
  • S00213.jpg
    S00213.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 6,227
  • S00216.jpg
    S00216.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 4,585
  • S00227.jpg
    S00227.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 4,647
  • S00216-001.jpg
    S00216-001.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 4,433
  • photo-001.JPG
    photo-001.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 2,165
  • mackjig-001.JPG
    mackjig-001.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,204

Cletus T.

Technology……WOW!!!!

Thanks for sharing the awesome-ness with us Bill!!!!

DrewDennis

I ever hit the lottery...I am buying one. Right now..mama ain't gonna let me drop 4 grand on fishing electronics....

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Thanks Bill !!!!! Awesome shots my friend. Looking forward to seeing more of the 360 in the future......Off to PCB in the morning. Hit Hmwolfpup up if your heading back over this week. He will be running most of my trips this week and will glad to help....

Last edited:

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
A few more shots from the same school this morning.....

Attachments

• 012.PNG
    012.PNG
    349.4 KB · Views: 2,011
  • 013.PNG
    013.PNG
    329.9 KB · Views: 1,994
  • 014.PNG
    014.PNG
    332.7 KB · Views: 2,036

TroyBoy30

I hope you don't mind...I cross referenced your post to BBC. If it's a problem let me know and I will remove it

EZ Spin

The 'birds rule...

Hey Bill, Awesome pics and love the LakeMaster chip (I have one too!). 360 would be awesome for seeing the brush piles ahead of me and if the fish were holding tight to the cover or suspended up above before going over them. We were out fishing some of my friend's areas up lake at Hammond's Wednesday night tourney and he was explaining what was there-one was a submerged roadbed and the other was a train tressel (he was running another brand units without SI or a mapping chip). I went back this weekend (with his permission) and didn't even have to put down way points because the LakeMaster map showed both areas so well. I did mark a couple key "spots on the spots" where there were culverts and brush and found the fish were relating to a nothing looking stretch on the road bed. Love my 998c and 858c! Thanks for sharing! Eric

fotoguy

Bill, I love those birds, they are the best...Great shots my friend:clap::clap::clap:

Hunter Haven

OK.....
I'm asking to get a better understanding of what I am or not seeing???

With side scan & down scan capabilities we are able to see the topography beneath the water clearly......
Why isn't it showing in your pics with the 360'?
I'm just confused a bit on that...

Thanks

Nothin but Fish

360 is like your "radar" it lets you see what is in front of you (all around actually) and while sitting completely still...nothin else has that capability period. As the 360 "looks" I can actually see the movement of fish or bait and which way it is going...no need to turn around as with other and pass by or over anything. Kinda like watching the storm on weather radar as it is moving towards you. I saw fish come up in front of me and on the next sweep redraw saw them move from 10:00 port side to 1 o'clock starboard...I cast to 2 o'clock and BAM....fish on on a High Roller "pickle".

Hunter Haven

360 is like your "radar" it lets you see what is in front of you (all around actually) and while sitting completely still...nothin else has that capability period. As the 360 "looks" I can actually see the movement of fish or bait and which way it is going...no need to turn around as with other and pass by or over anything. Kinda like watching the storm on weather radar as it is moving towards you. I saw fish come up in front of me and on the next sweep redraw saw them move from 10:00 port side to 1 o'clock starboard...I cast to 2 o'clock and BAM....fish on on a High Roller "pickle".

I fully understand radar & how it works...
I spend quite a bit of time offshore actually...
With that said, I understand what you are saying about it acting as a "radar"for locating & tracking schools of fish...

I just thought this unit would show & define the topography surrounding you just like side/ down imaging, & was confused as to why I couldn't see that... I guess it doesn't do this...

So technically this 360 wouldn't be beneficial for having and using to locate actual topography items(brush piles, ditches, ledges, objects, etc.) of interest out in "front" of you correct???

Just trying to better understand this unit...
Thanks

Hunter Haven

OK.....
I'm asking to get a better understanding of what I am or not seeing???

With side scan & down scan capabilities we are able to see the topography beneath the water clearly......
Why isn't it showing in your pics with the 360'?
I'm just confused a bit on that...

Thanks

I fully understand radar & how it works...
I spend quite a bit of time offshore actually...
With that said, I understand what you are saying about it acting as a "radar"for locating & tracking schools of fish...

I just thought this unit would show & define the topography surrounding you just like side/ down imaging, & was confused as to why I couldn't see that... I guess it doesn't do this...

So technically this 360 wouldn't be beneficial for having and using to locate actual topography items(brush piles, ditches, ledges, objects, etc.) of interest out in "front" of you correct???

Just trying to better understand this unit...
Thanks

OK. I went and researched a little more on this....
It does appear in other examples that the underwater topography is "present" when using the 360' imaging.....
(And I thought I remembered it doing this so that's why I asked the original question)...
So why is it we do not see the topography in your screenshots???
Again, I'm just trying to better understand this unit and its full potential for its customers

Nothin but Fish

If there was something there you would see it but I was on the "dead sea" on a flat with nothingness...er... except bait that is and fish. In other words there was nothing there...no creek channels, no trees, stumps, rocks or other structure where I was.

Gut_Pile

That is cool stuff! Technology has come a LONG way in the past few years!