First father/son camping trip with my boy

Fuller

Took my 5 year old son up to the Tallullah a couple weeks ago for our first father son trip. We had a blast. We ate junk, sat by the fire, roasted marshmallows, took a creek bath, shot the .22 and he even got to ride in the front seat on the dirt road. I'm not sure who had more fun. He caught both our limits on Saturday and Sunday(with a Spongebob rod), and we had fresh trout cooked over our fire. It's a trip I will never forget.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 2,046
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 1,930
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,935
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 1,944
I know you guys had a great time together. An unforgetable shairing experence. Great pics. Aint nothing like camping on a mountain trout stream.

Jasper

GREAT job Dad! I started my boys out the same way and the memories over the years have been incredible........perfect way to build a lifelong bond with your kids in God's great outdoors.

Love the pics too.........your son is blessed to have a Dad like you! :clap:

jdthayer

Fuller, I just saw this post. I remember how much fun you talked about when y'all got back. Unforgettable memories there! We will have to plan a few trips this summer with the boys! Especially since you know the good trout holes!

Last edited:

Nugefan

congrats to you , glad you took the time , before you know it he'll be all grown up ...enjoy while ya can ...:cool::cool::cool:

Davis31052

Very Nice!! Started fishing with my son when he was little like that. He never really got into fishing down here in the flat lands.

About 10 years ago, we started going up to NEGA for my birthday every spring, and now he's hooked. Now at 22 years old, he still looks forward to that first trip up in April. You can't pay money for that kind of happiness.

You done good!

okie32541

Very nice. I bet he had a blast but dad probably had more. I can't wait until I can take my youngin.