What about Stewart Co. ????

Just 1 More

Anyone hunting in Stewart County? How is the deer hunting over that way? I have hunted Quitman Co., but it has been a few years. Back then (1996) it seemed we had a pretty good deer heard and some biguns in the mix (I shot a 155 gross)
With Stewart being just north of Quitman, I would assume that the heard would be just as good... maybe better?

Just 1 More

Well,,, wish me luck. I just maile doff a check to secure 390 acres to start my own little hunt club. I have never done this before, always have been a memeber... Hopefully this will turn out better :yeah:

Michael Lee

Stewart County = HUNTING PRESSURE!!!

We have a good bit of land up there and we are way down this year on harvests. Lots of people hunt in that area, used to be able to see 20+ deer while on the stand, now some have gone 10-11 days without seeing any.

Our club has taken 12 so far, usually we are around 25 by now.

Food plots are hammered, lots of sign, just don't see many.

They are pressured all around and have learned when hunting season is!

ML

CAL

Just One More,
Where is your lease located in the county?I live in Stewart and can tell you more if I knew your location.

Guy

This is my second year in Stewart. Last year was much better than this year. The two clubs near us took nice 9 pointers. We have a few big ones on camera but that's it. There is sign all over. Just had two new scrapes near my stand freshened last week. Big scrapes too. I am hoping to see him this weekend.

Over all though, I think there are MUCH better counties in GA to hunt.

We have about 650 Acres near the hooch.

Just 1 More

GUY, I agree that there are much better counties to hunt,,, but finding a place for less than 10.00 per acre is tough.. heck, just finding one available is hard.
I have until june/july to decide if I want to go for it and make a club out of this parcel. In the mean time, I get to hunt some turkeys and spend some time in the woods.
One nice thing, This place did not get leased or hunted this year, neither did the surrounding property. The guy who picked up the 1600 acres adjoining mine is very seriuos about quality management so I look forward to working together with them towards the same goals

Just 1 More

CAL, Got it, THANKS :clap: I'll let you know when i'm headed up and we can meet up. Is there any good eatin places near there? What about a Wal-Mart?? My daughetr can't live without a trip to Wal-mart when were in GA. Not sure whats different about the ones up there but there must be something... LOL ;)

CAL

Just,
We are not blessed with a lots of good places to eat.At Richland there is "Red's Pizza" and you will not find better or cleaner any where for what they serve.Your lease will be around 25 miles from Columbus.There is 2 Walmarts and many places to eat.Just come on up,I don't think you will be unhappy!

t k

We hunted south of cussetta off hwy 280 last year and I will say it is the worst lease we have ever been on.There were 11 deer seen between the three of us that joined.We hunted every weekend but one from the beginning of gun season.There were two tracts combined that totaled around 3000 acres.I understand the land went up for sale and the lease was not renewed for the club,I don't know if anyone leased it this year.The club across from us last year killed a couple of nice deer,but i will agree there are better areas to hunt.

Thunder

Just,

Be patient....you have till June. :p

Terrell, Worth, Lee, and Sumter are where my contacts are - Along with past good relationships. I would put what I have experienced as far as Trophy potential, size, numbers, etc. against any other counties in the state! :D

Some area's are very "close knit" and family oriented.....best place to go IMO! ;) Limited preasure, great food sources, and best of all, great people!

Guy

Hey guys,

Looks like my club might be taking on 1,200 acres on the hooch in Stewart. :D
We have 12 members now on 600 acres and half the guys don't hunt it much. This peace ajoins our lease. We may need to get some more members. The one good thing about our club is there are no rules.

Now we can fish too. We are also going to buy a few cheap jon boats with small motors. The only bad thing, this club that was there never shot any does!! They have taken some nice bucks though! Looks like we may need to shoot a bunch of does to get the heard right!

Guy

Cal,

I have no idea! We are about 6 miles from the AL border near Omaha.

Just1More,
The no rules part works for all of us. Usually the rules in a club are all about stands and such. We all let each other hunt any stands we want. Usually the night before we all ask each other where we will hunt in the morning. Never had a problem. My last club was horrible with that. No, you can't hunt there, that's my stand type of thing. We are a good group of guys that have respect for one another, each others property and realize that we are out there to have a good time and enjoy the outdoors. Another thing that kills me in other clubs is guest rules. Everyone teaches take a kid hunting, introduce a friend to hunting and then you can't bring them.

These are just some of the things we choose not to bother with.