25 Hours on the dock at Wallace Dam!!!!

olcaptain

The Crew and I have just returned from a 25 hour stint on the dock just below the Wallace Dam. For those of you who do not know, Wallace Dam is located in Eatonton, Georgia and it is the dam that creates Lake Oconee.

25hours014.jpg

After giving this adventure some thought I have come to the conclusion that many of you have no earthly idea what you would encounter or even expect to experience or see on a trip of this nature. So that will be our theme for this evening. Just what might you encounter on a 25 hour cruise with the Ol Captain and his Crew on the Wallace Dam dock? I thought you’d never ask…………………….

The first thing you’d encounter would be an All-Star Breakfast served with the finest black coffee in the good ol US of A.

25hours002.jpg

After a hearty breakfast you would meet 3 of the most energetic and exciting Carp fishing buddies that money can’t buy:

25hours041.jpg

First on the agenda would be the most famous Carp Hound around! Maximus Relaximus!

25hours018.jpg

Next would be the ever amiable Tim “Cool Dad” Gill himself!!

25hours007.jpg

Rounding out the Crew (no pun intended) is the most unique individual ever to grace a Carp bank. This man is know far and wide and needs no introduction. The one……. the only……… Michael “Big Bird “ Strickland!!

25hours008.jpg

After the introductions you might notice their little home away from home. You will see a varied array of tackle, kit and sleeping quarters. With all the accouterments of home, you would soon be ready to begin the next phase of the tour!

25hours040.jpg

25hours027.jpg

25hours004.jpg

The next phase would include a fish or two and what we would call a “Proper Pull Down”.

25hours017.jpg

25hours022.jpg

25hours021.jpg

25hours037.jpg

Your next stop is certainly one of my favorites. To some it goes completely unnoticed. To some it happened with a bang! I simply refer to this chapter as God’s Creation:

25hours039.jpg

25hours034.jpg

25hours048.jpg

Quite often, during your tour you might be interrupted by yet another catch by the Ol Captain :fine:

25hours044.jpg

Next comes my favorite part. This is the part where others “Come see us”!! Late yesterday afternoon we had the privilege of chatting with Anthony Frazier and his two lovely daughters!!

25hours028.jpg

Folks, I need to drop anchor and sit right here for a minute. Tony Frazier is no ordinary guest. Tony Frazier in my opinion is an American Hero! Not only has Tony been with the Putnam County Sherriff’s Department for almost 20 years. He has also been in the Marine Reserves for the same amount of time!! Mr. Frazier (who posts on the GON Forum as Gunny146) has recently returned from a tour of duty in Afghanistan that took him away from his hearth and home for almost a year. In my book a man who serves his country at home and abroad and still keeps his family at the top of his list is a true American Hero! In the times we are living in we need more men like Anthony Frazier.
…………………………..
So we have had breakfast and met the Crew. We have seen the beautiful scenery, seen pull-downs and a few fish. We have met a hero and well, what do you know!! Another fish by the Ol Captain!!

25hours042.jpg

And another!!

25hours011.jpg

But alas, I digress.

There is one technique that you are sure to take notice of. This technique is known as Lick & Release and was perfected by Maximus Relaximus (The Ultimate Carp Hound)!

25hours016.jpg

What you may not know is that it was the Ol Captain himself who trained Max in L&R. It has been said that Max is so smart that the Ol Cappy only had to show him one time!!

LickandRelease-1.jpg

Well, I guess that about wraps up our 25 hour tour. Perhaps you are bored or disgusted. But (change of direction) maybe you have been lured just a little closer to our web:

25hours035.jpg

One thing is for sure. You will never know how you will really react until you take the time to Come see us!

25hours025.jpg

flip0302

So, In your profile picture Maximus has the "Official Fishing Hat" on, In your pics you swap between it and the "Waffle House" ball cap, All Star representation hat I assume.

Does Relaximus ever get to wear the Waffle House cap or better yet, does he get any left overs from that All Star breakfast? I have met you guys, you are huge fellers and I doubt there are any left overs to carry back to the truck for Max.

On another note, next time you should share with everyone the equipment you guys use. If they haven't seen it, kind of impressive.
Bait Catapults like they used in King Arthur days to modern day electronic bite sensors!

Great story!

olcaptain

So, In your profile picture Maximus has the "Official Fishing Hat" on, In your pics you swap between it and the "Waffle House" ball cap, All Star representation hat I assume.

Does Relaximus ever get to wear the Waffle House cap or better yet, does he get any left overs from that All Star breakfast? I have met you guys, you are huge fellers and I doubt there are any left overs to carry back to the truck for Max.

On another note, next time you should share with everyone the equipment you guys use. If they haven't seen it, kind of impressive.
Bait Catapults like they used in King Arthur days to modern day electronic bite sensors!

Great story!

We ALWAYS bring at least one sausage patty back to the truck. If we don't, max won't unlock the door!:fine:

Hookum

You guys are great! Another awesome fishing tale my friend. Congrats on a memorable trip. :)

Bhrama

25hours041.jpg

:whip:

It appears that the humans are "maximous relaximous" in that picture too.:rofl:

Looks like good times - thanks for sharing.:cheers:

The Foreigner

Horace, that picture of you licking the carp is one lick too far sir!! Good job your wife does not frequent GON!!!

Looks like a great time. When I've earned enough brownie points with "her indoors", I might join you. (She's looking over my shoulder now).

lifterpuller

so awesome! and im with jenn, i like the pic of you and your pup licking the carp is great

cool dad

25hours041.jpg

Max learned from the best!!! To the untrained eye it lookes like we'er resting but in reality we were like coiled springs ready to pounce on the first fish!

Gunny146

Thanks for having us fellas, enjoyed it as always. The girls were bummed they didn't get to see a golden ghost, but already want to know when they can come see you again, especially Leah.

Gunny146

Oh and far be it for me to disagree with the Capt, but I'm no hero. I have met some folks who could be considered heros and I can't hold a candle to those guys and gals, but thanks for the sentiment. Look forward to our next meeting.

Dirk

Excellent post and sounds like a fun adventure. Very nice looking carp caught too, and the L&R always brings a smile to my face. Well done Captain and glad you guys had a good trip.

brianj

Another great trip captain - congrtas...

Gunny146, thanks for your service; you and your fellow soldiers and law enfroment men and women are what keep the rest of us safe and free day in and day out:flag:

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
25hours041.jpg

:rofl::rofl:Max had this look like if these guys fished as much as they slept, I'd get to do a lot more L&R.:bounce:

Great story & pics Capt'n, always a great read.
Gunny146, thanks for your service; you and your fellow soldiers and law enfroment men and women are what keep the rest of us safe and free day in and day out:flag:

Amen.:flag:

jmfauver

25hours041.jpg

It may appear that way but they are just lulling the carp into biting...I mean you just need to see Big Bird running across the dock when an alarm goes off, a man that size was not meant to move so fast and nimbly ....:rofl:

Cy Grajcar

Sounds like a great time man! Wish I could have joined you. I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID A L&R!!!!! You need to change your profile pic to that!!!!