king snake eats rattler

cself

My dad and I killed this rattlesnake in our food plot we encountered it several times but eventually killed it afraid it would end up in our blind we hung it the tree because for some reason my dad thinks that will make it rain 2 days later when I went back to check the trail cam this king snake was eating it in the tree seen plenty of king snakes eat other snakes but thought this was cool
1348012946_zps8d60346f.jpg
1348012953_zps5be62e8d.jpg

bamaboy

Now that is a dang good picture!!! Best pic I have seen in a while!!!! Very neat that you got to capture that!!!

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Wow...that's the coolest picture...that jokEr doesn't even look big enough to finish the job...that's an awesome encounter you came across!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
That's a huge king snake!

triton196

thats awesome i found a king snake eating a copperhead before my grandpa swears that if you have black snake and king snakes around that it keeps the poisoness snakes ran off and obviously i see why.

bobby07

Amazing! I wonder if he's done eating yet. Looks like he was gonna be there a while.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great pic !!!!

Where can I buy a few dozen king snakes ???

alan

That is amazing!

arrow2

Cool, I'd think it would be easier for him to eat it on the ground. Wonder how and why he hung him on the branch.

jbarron

BANNED
Cool pic! Did it rain?

throwdown

Here's one from my parent-in-laws garden. Heard a horrible sound coming from the house and it was downing a rabbit! They are so cool.

IMAG0627.jpg

cself

Thanks for the comments I thought it was awesome myself both snakes were gone 2 days later but not sure if the king snake finish the job or if a hawk or other predator came and got them. the king snake was alive and still eating while I was there taking pictures but it's hard to believe he ate the whole thing, and yes it rained 4 days later but I don't believe in all that

_BuckMaster_

Awesome Picture

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You DID Send that Picture to GON right? Man what an Awesome Pic! Great story to go with it too!!:cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's one of the most amazing pics I've ever seen.