Face to face with a 140" buck at 5 yards on the ground UPDATED WITH KILL PICS

buckwhisperer

I was walking to my stand this morning at about 6:45. With the moon being so bright, I was walking in with no flashlight. When I was about 100yds from my stand, the cane break in front of me erupted as two bucks began fighting. I quickly headed towards my stand to get settled while the commotion was going on. A few seconds later, they stopped fighting and I froze. Then, I heard one of the bucks trotting towards me. I fumbled for my flashlight and when I cut it on, I was face to face with a monster buck at 10yards. He stopped and seemed shocked as I was and started pacing back and fourth. I pulled out my video camera and got some of the most awesome footage I've ever seen. This buck was the loser in the fight as the winner chased the doe all around me for 15 more minutes but got out of sight before light. I can only imagine how big he was.

Last edited:

georgia_home

Awesome. Was that white light or IR or what?

Great video!

buckwhisperer

Just a LED steamlight. I had the light in my mouth, the camera in my left hand and my bow in my right and I was in shock so it was tough to keep the light on him the whole time

BowHard

Banned
Dude that is so cool!!!!!!!!! too bad you couldnt get a shot off at him. thats the most amazing footage ive ever seen!!!

Toonigh

Wow. That is awesome!

thebreeze

Banned
That is co cool!!! That's also the reason i don't go to the woods without my camcorder, never know what you might see!

albridges

Thats just awesome. I am sure that got you heart pumping, and if he was the loser, wow you got a stud in them woods.

trophyslayer

buck must have been thinkin he really got his butt whooped and was headed into the light!