#1  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Randy's Avatar
Randy Randy is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Griffin Ga
iTrader: (9) Check/Add Feedback
Default Obama Care

Well apparently it is here to stay. I hear all kinds of stuff about what it will cost us. So my question is what do we really know will happen? What is real. The Internet is full of all kinds of tax increases, bank account withdraw costs, etc. What do you guys KNOW is real?
__________________
I only envy those who catch more fish than me.-Issac Walton
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM
PappyHoel's Avatar
PappyHoel PappyHoel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Required Field, I wonder how many characters I can use in this field? It looks like I can type as m
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Just look at Canada and England and draw the comparison. Doesn't matter if it doesn't cost me extra money. The Government has no business between me and my physician.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
GA DAWG's Avatar
GA DAWG GA DAWG is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Its gonna cost us money. You can bet on that!! Just wait till the first of the yr.
__________________
I've hunted almost everyday of my life.The rest have been wasted!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM
bigreddwon's Avatar
bigreddwon bigreddwon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Leesburg Ga
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappyHoel View Post
Just look at Canada and England and draw the comparison. Doesn't matter if it doesn't cost me extra money. The Government has no business between me and my physician.[/QUOTE]
Unless your a woman, then the GOP will get all up in there with some transpolitical scanner.. Its ok then..
__________________
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

Last edited by bigreddwon; 11-12-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Balrog's Avatar
Balrog Balrog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
iTrader: (27) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The short answer is: No one knows, but it is a big number with a lot of zeros in it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM
sleepr71 sleepr71 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Easy Living Trailer Park
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The #'s I'm hearing are: ~80-90 MILLION people were uninsured...now they're majically going to be insured...it's going to be more than we could even imagine. I think it'll be all good...till the money tree dries up..and Odummy's faithful are dumpster diving & fighting over that 3 day old sack of scraps. The problem is...we ALL are going to suffer because of their choice
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM
jpb31 jpb31 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in the woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

everyone that voted for obama will get what they deserve. but the obama care will do them no good you wont be able to get near a hospital or a doctors office there arent enough of them to care for all the people we will have running to the doctor because they stubed there toe there will be merca and staff infections everywere but the 51 percent of the mochers that live in this country will think its just another free thing that the 49 percent of working people will be taxed for .......good luck people
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
PopPop's Avatar
PopPop PopPop is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PopPops Gulch
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Well apparently it is here to stay. I hear all kinds of stuff about what it will cost us. So my question is what do we really know will happen? What is real. The Internet is full of all kinds of tax increases, bank account withdraw costs, etc. What do you guys KNOW is real?
I know it will cost us the most efficient, innovative and effective health care system the world has ever known.
And we will still place second to China in killing the unborn.
__________________
Apparently You have not been paying attention.
Things have been Fundamentally Transformed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Beartrkkr Beartrkkr is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

When do I get to stop paying for insurance since it'll be "free?"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wadin the Creek
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I heard about a pretty good loophole that would potentially send Obamacare to a quick death today. The employer mandate is apparently only in effect if States create an Insurance Exchange (which many have refused to do) in the case that a state does not comply with this, the Feds will impose an Insurance Exchange and the employers will not be subject to the $2500 per employee mandate (for those with over 50 employees.

Apparently the bill was so big they overlooked this little caveat. If all 50 states, or even a large majority of them refused to form IE's then the required mandate/tax would not be required, would not get paid, and the funds for Obamacare would dry up at the speed of light.

Georgia is one of the states that has refused to set up an IE. It will be interesting to see how this tactic plays out.

This link provides a list of where all 50 states stand on this issue:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...ment-obamacare
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 PM
PopPop's Avatar
PopPop PopPop is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PopPops Gulch
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
I heard about a pretty good loophole that would potentially send Obamacare to a quick death today. The employer mandate is apparently only in effect if States create an Insurance Exchange (which many have refused to do) in the case that a state does not comply with this, the Feds will impose an Insurance Exchange and the employers will not be subject to the $2500 per employee mandate (for those with over 50 employees.

Apparently the bill was so big they overlooked this little caveat. If all 50 states, or even a large majority of them refused to form IE's then the required mandate/tax would not be required, would not get paid, and the funds for Obamacare would dry up at the speed of light.

Georgia is one of the states that has refused to set up an IE. It will be interesting to see how this tactic plays out.
The regime will play chicago hardball and the states will comply.
__________________
Apparently You have not been paying attention.
Things have been Fundamentally Transformed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
jpb31 jpb31 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: in the woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartrkkr View Post
When do I get to stop paying for insurance since it'll be "free?"
you will be taxed 3 percent or about 2500.00 dollars a year . or if your one of the 51 percent of the minority that get welfare you will get it for free. and if your white you make up for 30 percent of the population now and you have a job you will get to pay for for the 51 percent of the mochers and minoritys that live in our country now and dont work ...how do you think that fool got voted in again it sure wasent because he lowerd the national dept.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Balrog's Avatar
Balrog Balrog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
iTrader: (27) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
I heard about a pretty good loophole that would potentially send Obamacare to a quick death today. The employer mandate is apparently only in effect if States create an Insurance Exchange (which many have refused to do) in the case that a state does not comply with this, the Feds will impose an Insurance Exchange and the employers will not be subject to the $2500 per employee mandate (for those with over 50 employees.

Apparently the bill was so big they overlooked this little caveat. If all 50 states, or even a large majority of them refused to form IE's then the required mandate/tax would not be required, would not get paid, and the funds for Obamacare would dry up at the speed of light.

Georgia is one of the states that has refused to set up an IE. It will be interesting to see how this tactic plays out.
If a majority of voters just re-elected Obama, why would a majority of states subsequently decide to reject Obamacare?
Even GA, where voters are anti-Obama, isnt Governor Deal reconsidering accepting the medicaid expansion?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Doe Master Doe Master is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Well apparently it is here to stay. I hear all kinds of stuff about what it will cost us. So my question is what do we really know will happen? What is real. The Internet is full of all kinds of tax increases, bank account withdraw costs, etc. What do you guys KNOW is real?
I know mine and the wifes health insurance really went up almost $4,000.00 for this coming year. It sucks big time.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
PopPop's Avatar
PopPop PopPop is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: PopPops Gulch
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
If a majority of voters just re-elected Obama, why would a majority of states subsequently decide to reject Obamacare?
Even GA, where voters are anti-Obama, isnt Governor Deal reconsidering accepting the medicaid expansion?
Ed Zachery
__________________
Apparently You have not been paying attention.
Things have been Fundamentally Transformed
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM
JWarren's Avatar
JWarren JWarren is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southeast Ga
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddwon View Post
Unless your a woman, then the GOP will get all up in there with some transpolitical scanner.. Its ok then..
Yeah, cause we ain't wanting to pay for an abortion that a little common sense and responsibility would have negated the need for.
__________________
"I would predict the first guy who uses a second amendment weapon to bring a drone down who is hovering over his house will become a folk hero." - Charles Krauthammer
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 AM
drhunter1's Avatar
drhunter1 drhunter1 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nunya
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren View Post
Yeah, cause we ain't wanting to pay for an abortion that a little common sense and responsibility would have negated the need for.
The skies the limits.

For someone who claims to be for smaller government he sure has a funny way of defending that concept.
__________________
I'm here to kill threads and chew gum and I'm all out of gum.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 AM
mtr3333's Avatar
mtr3333 mtr3333 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Where ever I am there I go
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren View Post
Yeah, cause we ain't wanting to pay for an abortion that a little common sense and responsibility would have negated the need for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhunter1 View Post
The skies the limits.

For someone who claims to be for smaller government he sure has a funny way of defending that concept.
So easy a caveman could understand it.
__________________
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 AM
MudDucker's Avatar
MudDucker MudDucker is offline
GONetwork Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lowndes County, Georgia
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
If a majority of voters just re-elected Obama, why would a majority of states subsequently decide to reject Obamacare?
Even GA, where voters are anti-Obama, isnt Governor Deal reconsidering accepting the medicaid expansion?
You must have feel asleep when they were showing the maps. Obummer did not come close to winning a majority of the states. Instead, he won those states with the most freeloaders handily and lost most of the others.
__________________
November 2012, a date that will live in infamy. The idiots won!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Well apparently it is here to stay. I hear all kinds of stuff about what it will cost us. So my question is what do we really know will happen? What is real.
This is "real".

http://www.atr.org/full-list-obamaca...#ixzz1zTXuZUYl
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Balrog's Avatar
Balrog Balrog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
iTrader: (27) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
You must have feel asleep when they were showing the maps. Obummer did not come close to winning a majority of the states. Instead, he won those states with the most freeloaders handily and lost most of the others.
You are right about that. Georgia is one of those states Obama did not win, yet our Governor is reconsidering the Medicaid expansion.

Why do you think that is? I wonder if governors of any of those other states that Obama lost are reconsidering also.

I guess we will have to see.

Obamacare is here to stay. To argue otherwise is about as hopeless sounding as Karl Rove arguing that Ohio was won by Romney.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
So, what does everybody think the effect of this will be?

Quote:
Employer: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees. Applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer). Bill: PPACA; Page: 345-346
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wadin the Creek
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Another employer mandate buzz kill for Obamacare funding is this. Large employee based companies, well over 50, have the option to pay a $25k penalty and go on down the road instead of paying $2500 per employee. No brainer there. They'll pay the penalty and keep their own insurance contracts. Obamacare will starve to death from lack of funding.

The bad thing this leaves is exactly what Romney kept repeating in his campaign and debates. Those that are with companies smaller than 50 employees will bear the burden of paying $2500 for insurance. This sector of employees covers 90% of the middle class, which is exactly what we were being warned of, it being the largest tax increase on the Middle Class ever.

Y'all have fun with this Socialist Administration you re-elected. It is here to stay, and will merely morph to fit the obstacles it encounters in order to pay for itself. Before Obama is out of office don't be surprised if your 401k's have been pillaged in order to further monetize the debt, your income taxes hit 50% for middle income families, and the true jobless rate hits 20% (the real rate, not the Gov. altered smoozer rate).

Ah the good ol' days.

Under a functioning capitalist system with Republicans in the house that were not transgendered by loss of their boys, instead of the government trying to provide for all, we would have had the Interstate Commerce clause re-written to allow Insurance Companies to compete across state line, thus lowering prices through competition.

But instead, we are stuck with a nationwide crisis that will never go away.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
Another employer mandate buzz kill for Obamacare funding is this. Large employee based companies, well over 50, have the option to pay a $25k penalty and go on down the road instead of paying $2500 per employee. No brainer there. They'll pay the penalty and keep their own insurance contracts. Obamacare will starve to death from lack of funding.

The bad thing this leaves is exactly what Romney kept repeating in his campaign and debates. Those that are with companies smaller than 50 employees will bear the burden of paying $2500 for insurance. This sector of employees covers 90% of the middle class, which is exactly what we were being warned of, it being the largest tax increase on the Middle Class ever.

Y'all have fun with this Socialist Administration you re-elected. It is here to stay, and will merely morph to fit the obstacles it encounters in order to pay for itself. Before Obama is out of office don't be surprised if your 401k's have been pillaged in order to further monetize the debt, your income taxes hit 50% for middle income families, and the true jobless rate hits 20% (the real rate, not the Gov. altered smoozer rate).

Ah the good ol' days.

Under a functioning capitalist system with Republicans in the house that were not transgendered by loss of their boys, instead of the government trying to provide for all, we would have had the Interstate Commerce clause re-written to allow Insurance Companies to compete across state line, thus lowering prices through competition.

But instead, we are stuck with a nationwide crisis that will never go away.
Close, but no seegar.
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Balrog's Avatar
Balrog Balrog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
iTrader: (27) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Before Obama is out of office don't be surprised if your 401k's have been pillaged in order to further monetize the debt, your income taxes hit 50% for middle income families, and the true jobless rate hits 20% (the real rate, not the Gov. altered smoozer rate).
You left out civil unrest, street protests, rioting, and jackbooted thuggery by the Obama administration in an attempt to keep order.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
shane256 shane256 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

This is a good explanation of what's already in place and what's to come:

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikei...did_it/c530lfx
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane256 View Post
This is a good explanation of what's already in place and what's to come:

http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikei...did_it/c530lfx


You have no idea what is to come but you are certainly going to find out.
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
So, what does everybody think the effect of this will be?
Quote:
Employer: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees. Applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer). Bill: PPACA; Page: 345-346
Anybody?
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
shane256 shane256 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post


You have no idea what is to come but you are certainly going to find out.
OOOOOhhhh SCARED!

Why don't you elaborate about these most terrifying things? We already know why you don't... because you don't have a logical, factual argument... all you have is an appeal to emotion like the entire Republican campaign in 2012... even the most ignorant of people will respond to fear.

If you have a point, put on your big boy pants and make it. I'm betting you'll just do more coy fear mongering rather than actually try to let use know "what is coming!"... You keep saying this "you don't know what's coming but you will" and you have never even once attempted to back up your worthless statement (because you got nothing, we know it... just admit it). BOOOO! RUN! Look behind you! It's OBAAAAMAAAAA!!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Wild Turkey's Avatar
Wild Turkey Wild Turkey is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Georgia
iTrader: (5) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Shane, have you read the entire bill and studied all the requirements set forth within it?
NO, so go do that and come back to join the discussion
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Lukikus2's Avatar
Lukikus2 Lukikus2 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
Anybody?
Lots of folks are going to be losing jobs because and employer can't sustain those hits, on top of matching SS. Another hit to inflation and a big push for a deep depression.

Free healthcare
__________________
God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
skeeter24's Avatar
skeeter24 skeeter24 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paulding County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukikus2 View Post
Free healthcare
Business are starting to explain the impact and the dems are calling for protests. Looks like a rally to support these has been started.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
lagrangedave's Avatar
lagrangedave lagrangedave is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lagrange, Ga.
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

My eye doctor, the best glaucoma specialist in the state, told me if it was implemented, he would quit. Called for appointment today and guess what, yep he quit.
__________________
One hint........don't bunch up-----Big Steve
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Lukikus2's Avatar
Lukikus2 Lukikus2 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Central Florida
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter24 View Post
Business are starting to explain the impact and the dems are calling for protests. Looks like a rally to support these has been started.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrangedave View Post
My eye doctor, the best glaucoma specialist in the state, told me if it was implemented, he would quit. Called for appointment today and guess what, yep he quit.
Nobody wins. Everyone loses.
__________________
God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
shane256 shane256 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter24 View Post
Business are starting to explain the impact and the dems are calling for protests. Looks like a rally to support these has been started.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews
LOL... FauxNews... the same people who told you that there would be a "Romney Landslide"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:04 PM
shane256 shane256 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alabama
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
Shane, have you read the entire bill and studied all the requirements set forth within it?
NO, so go do that and come back to join the discussion
Why don't you enlighten us? Have you read the entire bill and studied all the requirements set forth within it? or are you just echoing something you hear Rush/FauxNews/Hannity say?

I see the Alabama governor has decided to not implement a state exchange for Obamacare... kinda opposite of what Republicans have been talking about so much... he's handing over all that power to the federal government instead of keeping it in the state... but what do you expect... he's a Republican... say one thing, do something else.

Yes... the Blue states will give you more free stuff as they pay for your state exchange, Alabama.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 PM
grim's Avatar
grim grim is offline
Moderate Anarchist and Retired Mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tallahassee
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Employer: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees. Applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer). Bill: PPACA; Page: 345-346
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
Anybody?
Sounds like the most effective motivation to hire non-citizens (illegals) and pay them under that table that I have seen yet.
__________________
89.4% of all stats are made up on the fly.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM
FishHunt's Avatar
FishHunt FishHunt is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrangedave View Post
My eye doctor, the best glaucoma specialist in the state, told me if it was implemented, he would quit. Called for appointment today and guess what, yep he quit.
Who was your eye doctor?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
lagrangedave's Avatar
lagrangedave lagrangedave is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lagrange, Ga.
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Dr. Douglas Day
__________________
One hint........don't bunch up-----Big Steve
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
humdandy humdandy is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: S.E. GA.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Only thing I know is my premiums have gone through the roof since it was passed.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
skeeter24's Avatar
skeeter24 skeeter24 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Paulding County
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane256 View Post
LOL... FauxNews... the same people who told you that there would be a "Romney Landslide"
Here Shane this one will be slightly more slanted for your taste.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1...-As-Motivation
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Doe Master Doe Master is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
Anybody?
I think it stinks to be nice about it. It will pretty much cripple the country that much farther.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Doe Master Doe Master is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagrangedave View Post
My eye doctor, the best glaucoma specialist in the state, told me if it was implemented, he would quit. Called for appointment today and guess what, yep he quit.
My knee doctor said the same thing,
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Balrog's Avatar
Balrog Balrog is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
iTrader: (27) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
My eye doctor, the best glaucoma specialist in the state, told me if it was implemented, he would quit. Called for appointment today and guess what, yep he quit.
How old was he?

Most doctors wont have that luxury. Ex wives, Porsches, beach condos, and college tuition will keep most of them working.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM
lagrangedave's Avatar
lagrangedave lagrangedave is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lagrange, Ga.
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Just turned 50. Smart guy, had his ducks in a row. I was ready for life changing surgery, now I will be doctor shopping.
__________________
One hint........don't bunch up-----Big Steve
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM
NOTNKSNEMOR's Avatar
NOTNKSNEMOR NOTNKSNEMOR is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Byron, Ga.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
So, what does everybody think the effect of this will be?
Without reading a lot, my first impression is the full time employee is a thing of the past if a company has more than 50 employees.
Companies of more than 50 divesting to get get under that number.
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTNKSNEMOR View Post
Without reading a lot, my first impression is the full time employee is a thing of the past if a company has more than 50 employees.
Companies of more than 50 divesting to get get under that number.
You're pretty close.

Assume:

XYZ company is a widget distributor. XYZ company has 100 employees. XYZ offers a full coverage group health care plan to its' employees. XYZ pays half of the employee's premium and the other half is paid by the employee.

Assume:

50% of the employees are married and have family coverage. (50 employees)
25% of the employees have employee and spouse or employee and child(ren) coverage. (25 employees)
25% have employee only coverage. (25 employees)

The monthly premium for family coverage is $1,900
The monthly premium for employee/spouse or employee/child(ren) is $1,400.
The monthly premium for employee only is $1,100.

Thus the total annual health insurance premium would be:
50*$1,900*12 = $1,140,000
25*$1,400*12 = $420,000
25*$1,100*12 = $330,000

Total Annual Premium = $1,890,000

The employer's share of the total annual premium would be $1,890,000*.5= $945,000. Assume XYZ's marginal tax rate is 36%. Thus, the premium is reduced by the tax savings of $945,000*.36 = $340,200. Accordingly, the net cost of full coverage health insurance for the employer is $945,000 - $340,200 = $604,800.

Per the law, an employer with over 50 employees who does not offer health insurance to his employees will pay a non deductible tax of $2,000 per year for each employee if one of his employees qualifies for a health tax credit. The tax increases to $3,000 per year per employee if any employee actually enrolls in one of the government exchanges.

Assuming the worst and one employee enrolls in one of the government exchanges the employer would be subject to an additional, non deductible tax of:

75*$3,000 = $225,000.

Since the tax is non deductible and assuming XYZ's marginal tax bracket is 36%, the additional tax owed as a result of the non deductible tax would be:

$225,000*.36 = $81,000.

Thus, the total the employer would have to pay in tax if he does not offer health insurance and one of his employees enrolls in a government exchange is $225,000 + $81,000 = $306,000.

So, if XYZ continues their full coverage health insurance policy, the net cost to XYZ will be $604,800 per year (assuming premiums don't go up year over year which they do). If XYZ discontinues it's full coverage health insurance plan and one of it's employees enrolls in one of the government exchanges the net tax liability to XYZ will be $306,000 per year. Moreover, XYZ will no longer be vexed with employee complaints and other problems with the health insurance policy which results in more efficiency and a reduction in the HR staff as they are no longer needed.

You are a member of the board of directors of XYZ. Do you vote to continue the employee benefit, or do you vote to discontinue it?

There's a lot more where that came from. Based on current health insurance premium increase trends, within 2 years if XYZ maintains its' full coverage plan, premium increases during that period will make the plan a "Cadillac Plan" subject to additional tax.

The object of ObamaCare is to force employers to drop their coverage because they can't afford it as well as to force health insurance companies out of business (see the laws affecting health insurance companies) with the end result being the people have no choice but to enroll in an health exchange and Voila! we have backdoor single payer healthcare by default just like the bankrupt European countries.

You'll see.
__________________
Burn It Down!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM
AM1's Avatar
AM1 AM1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: gilmer county
iTrader: (5) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
You're pretty close.

Assume:

XYZ company is a widget distributor. XYZ company has 100 employees. XYZ offers a full coverage group health care plan to its' employees. XYZ pays half of the employee's premium and the other half is paid by the employee.

Assume:

50% of the employees are married and have family coverage. (50 employees)
25% of the employees have employee and spouse or employee and child(ren) coverage. (25 employees)
25% have employee only coverage. (25 employees)

The monthly premium for family coverage is $1,900
The monthly premium for employee/spouse or employee/child(ren) is $1,400.
The monthly premium for employee only is $1,100.

Thus the total annual health insurance premium would be:
50*$1,900*12 = $1,140,000
25*$1,400*12 = $420,000
25*$1,100*12 = $330,000

Total Annual Premium = $1,890,000

The employer's share of the total annual premium would be $1,890,000*.5= $945,000. Assume XYZ's marginal tax rate is 36%. Thus, the premium is reduced by the tax savings of $945,000*.36 = $340,200. Accordingly, the net cost of full coverage health insurance for the employer is $945,000 - $340,200 = $604,800.

Per the law, an employer with over 50 employees who does not offer health insurance to his employees will pay a non deductible tax of $2,000 per year for each employee if one of his employees qualifies for a health tax credit. The tax increases to $3,000 per year per employee if any employee actually enrolls in one of the government exchanges.

Assuming the worst and one employee enrolls in one of the government exchanges the employer would be subject to an additional, non deductible tax of:

75*$3,000 = $225,000.

Since the tax is non deductible and assuming XYZ's marginal tax bracket is 36%, the additional tax owed as a result of the non deductible tax would be:

$225,000*.36 = $81,000.

Thus, the total the employer would have to pay in tax if he does not offer health insurance and one of his employees enrolls in a government exchange is $225,000 + $81,000 = $306,000.

So, if XYZ continues their full coverage health insurance policy, the net cost to XYZ will be $604,800 per year (assuming premiums don't go up year over year which they do). If XYZ discontinues it's full coverage health insurance plan and one of it's employees enrolls in one of the government exchanges the net tax liability to XYZ will be $306,000 per year. Moreover, XYZ will no longer be vexed with employee complaints and other problems with the health insurance policy which results in more efficiency and a reduction in the HR staff as they are no longer needed.

You are a member of the board of directors of XYZ. Do you vote to continue the employee benefit, or do you vote to discontinue it?

There's a lot more where that came from. Based on current health insurance premium increase trends, within 2 years if XYZ maintains its' full coverage plan, premium increases during that period will make the plan a "Cadillac Plan" subject to additional tax.

The object of ObamaCare is to force employers to drop their coverage because they can't afford it as well as to force health insurance companies out of business (see the laws affecting health insurance companies) with the end result being the people have no choice but to enroll in an health exchange and Voila! we have backdoor single payer healthcare by default just like the bankrupt European countries.

You'll see.

Bingo! I have been saying this for months and months to my co-workers and they all shrug and say "guess we'll be on the government plan, sure won't be able to buy it." I even talked about it to one of our HR staff. She doesn't think it will come to that because its too much of a recruitment tool (benefits pkg). Well.....what if one or more of our competitors takes the plunge and cuts the cord and invests the savings back into itself thru better R&D, marketing, and productivity and starts kicking our butt? My employer will have no choice but to follow suit just to stay in the game. BTW, I work for a company that manufactures medical devices, so my candle is burning on both ends. We are a global company with 500 employees just where I work, with several other locations in the U.S., Europe, and Asia (you guessed it....China)
__________________
GeorgiaCarry.Org member
GeorgiaPacking.Org member
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
sleepr71 sleepr71 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Easy Living Trailer Park
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTNKSNEMOR View Post
Without reading a lot, my first impression is the full time employee is a thing of the past if a company has more than 50 employees.
Companies of more than 50 divesting to get get under that number.
^^^Yep..this is what I'm hearing also...getting to <50 employees,and or dodging it/dumping it on employees by any means necessary. Fewer employees..doing more work..for less benefits...WTG Democrats.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 AM
NOTNKSNEMOR's Avatar
NOTNKSNEMOR NOTNKSNEMOR is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Byron, Ga.
iTrader: (6) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
You're pretty close.

Assume:

XYZ company is a widget distributor. XYZ company has 100 employees. XYZ offers a full coverage group health care plan to its' employees. XYZ pays half of the employee's premium and the other half is paid by the employee.

Assume:

50% of the employees are married and have family coverage. (50 employees)
25% of the employees have employee and spouse or employee and child(ren) coverage. (25 employees)
25% have employee only coverage. (25 employees)

The monthly premium for family coverage is $1,900
The monthly premium for employee/spouse or employee/child(ren) is $1,400.
The monthly premium for employee only is $1,100.

Thus the total annual health insurance premium would be:
50*$1,900*12 = $1,140,000
25*$1,400*12 = $420,000
25*$1,100*12 = $330,000

Total Annual Premium = $1,890,000

The employer's share of the total annual premium would be $1,890,000*.5= $945,000. Assume XYZ's marginal tax rate is 36%. Thus, the premium is reduced by the tax savings of $945,000*.36 = $340,200. Accordingly, the net cost of full coverage health insurance for the employer is $945,000 - $340,200 = $604,800.

Per the law, an employer with over 50 employees who does not offer health insurance to his employees will pay a non deductible tax of $2,000 per year for each employee if one of his employees qualifies for a health tax credit. The tax increases to $3,000 per year per employee if any employee actually enrolls in one of the government exchanges.

Assuming the worst and one employee enrolls in one of the government exchanges the employer would be subject to an additional, non deductible tax of:

75*$3,000 = $225,000.

Since the tax is non deductible and assuming XYZ's marginal tax bracket is 36%, the additional tax owed as a result of the non deductible tax would be:

$225,000*.36 = $81,000.

Thus, the total the employer would have to pay in tax if he does not offer health insurance and one of his employees enrolls in a government exchange is $225,000 + $81,000 = $306,000.

So, if XYZ continues their full coverage health insurance policy, the net cost to XYZ will be $604,800 per year (assuming premiums don't go up year over year which they do). If XYZ discontinues it's full coverage health insurance plan and one of it's employees enrolls in one of the government exchanges the net tax liability to XYZ will be $306,000 per year. Moreover, XYZ will no longer be vexed with employee complaints and other problems with the health insurance policy which results in more efficiency and a reduction in the HR staff as they are no longer needed.

You are a member of the board of directors of XYZ. Do you vote to continue the employee benefit, or do you vote to discontinue it?

There's a lot more where that came from. Based on current health insurance premium increase trends, within 2 years if XYZ maintains its' full coverage plan, premium increases during that period will make the plan a "Cadillac Plan" subject to additional tax.

The object of ObamaCare is to force employers to drop their coverage because they can't afford it as well as to force health insurance companies out of business (see the laws affecting health insurance companies) with the end result being the people have no choice but to enroll in an health exchange and Voila! we have backdoor single payer healthcare by default just like the bankrupt European countries.

You'll see.
So,it would reason, the individual states decisions to participate in exchanges becomes even more critical, assuming if a state does not have an exchange, then a single employee cannot join, triggering the tax.
But, I guess that is where the fed run exchanges would come in.

What about large corporations with operations in many states.
Will it be state by state, if they have or exchanges or not, or the home state of the corporation?
__________________
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger