GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM
greg_n_clayton greg_n_clayton is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Clayton, Georgia
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!
  #102  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
blood on the ground's Avatar
blood on the ground blood on the ground is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Paulding GA.
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_n_clayton View Post
Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!
this is why we drive to the beach
__________________
“When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin
  #103  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM
slightly grayling's Avatar
slightly grayling slightly grayling is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Norcross, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I would've bought a ticket to see that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_n_clayton View Post
Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!
__________________
Don't suffer fools, "ignore" them.
  #104  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Backlasher82's Avatar
Backlasher82 Backlasher82 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rabun county
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_n_clayton View Post
Some years ago there was a crazy lady down here on Lake Rabun that hired a buddy of mine, who is in the gradein' business, to come down there and build her a landin' pad fer flyin' saucers. She came out there, jumped up on his dozer tracks and ask him....you don't really believe in all this do ya ?? In a serious tone. He says...No mam !! She jumped back, point her fanger at him and yelled... DISBELIEVER !!! And stomped off !!
  #105  
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Miguel Cervantes Miguel Cervantes is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wadin the Creek
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
I see you got suckered in to being the Bigfeets Moderator...
  #106  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
NCHillbilly's Avatar
NCHillbilly NCHillbilly is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smoky Mountains, NC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Cervantes View Post
I see you got suckered in to being the Bigfeets Moderator...
Nope, just black panthers, dog shootin's, and cats for sell so far. Gotta work my way up the ladder before I can do bigfeets.
__________________
Son, I ain't sayin' what's right or wrong, I'm just sayin' how it is.....Black Oak Arkansas
  #107  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Keebs's Avatar
Keebs Keebs is offline
Ma Hen
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fitzbeccaville
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Nope, just black panthers, dog shootin's, and cats for sell so far. Gotta work my way up the ladder before I can do bigfeets.
You da mighty HillbillyMod, You Can Do It!!!!!!!
__________________
I may not know Karate, but I do know *Crazy* and I ain't afraid to use it!

  #108  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
Don't assume that a differing opinion means "uninformed." I actually have done quite a bit of research on the whole bigfoot phenomenon over yhe years, and found it really interesting. But so far, I have seen nothing at all to convince me.

Some of us have researched most of the same material you have, but just arrived at a different conclusion. That does not make someone "uninformed," it just means that they don't share your opinion about the validity of the existence of a ten-foot tall bipedal creature that lives all over the country but has never been documented. And we don't necessarily lack imagination, some of us just prefer to seperate imagination from reality. Most of what you refer to as "evidence" could be referred to by others as "speculation" or "hypothetical theories," or "making the evidence fit your pre-formed conclusion instead of basing your conclusion on the evidence."

The bigfeeters get bent out of shape when people ridicule their claims. Then get somebody credible to represent you instead of those idiots that are on tv every night looking for saquatches in the briar patch behind a strip mall in the suburbs of Atlanta and see every buck rub, ice-storm-bent pine tree, roadkill deer skeleton, tuft of cow hair in a barb-wire fence, or pile of bear crap as irrefutable evidence of a "squatch." Also, when people make themselves believe that every plain example of a hoot owl hollering, rooster crowing, or coyote howling is a "bigfoot vocalization" and then show it on tv, it doesn't help your cause.

I couldn't say that bigfoot doesn't exist, I don't know. But I can say with reasonable certainty that if it does, it ain't living in southeastern suburbia. Come on. My family has been in NC since the 1700s. Other families have been here as long or longer, and know every tree, plant, animal, bird, and insect living in their area. They have collectively spent millions of hours in the woods hunting, trapping, working, walking, and observing nature and have never seen a bigfoot or anything like one. But some guy can come down from NYC, stick a candy bar on a stump in a public campground, and get a photo of one in two days? Sure. I believe him much more than the people who have spent their whole lives living in those same woods. (sarcasm.)

If there is a bigfoot, he is somewhere back in the real wilderness, not here in what the tv show kids consider to be "wilderness." You're not gonna find him by going out in a cow pasture at night fifty yards from the road and playing monkey noises on a tape player and creeping each other out. And quit believing everything everybody tells you. Some people make these stories up, some just honestly don't know what they saw and attribute it to a bigfoot or black panther instead of trying to figure out what it actually was. I have a neighbor who has seen several black panthers, one with a white cub. He has never seen a bobcat, mink, or many other common animals. He misinterprets what he sees because he wants to see a black panther. At the same time he saw the black panther with a white cub, I saw a labrador retriever and another small white mutt dog together several times in the vicinity.I wonder what it was? (more sarcasm.)People usually see bigfoot because they want to see bigfoot. A trip through the threads in the trail camera forum here will show you how many people cannot identify most common animals that live around here, much less ones that don't exist.
If someone has an opinion opposite of yours, and they are willfully ignorant, refusing to educate themselves on the subject that they have all of these thoughts on, then yes their opinion is uninformed.
  #109  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The point is, if you do not know what you are talking about, and simply hold an opinion just because, and refuse to know what you are saying, then your opinion is uninformed and invalid. If I have not read a book, but decided that I do not like the book, and argue with people who have read the book, is my opinion informed?
  #110  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM
olcowman's Avatar
olcowman olcowman is offline
Hillbilly Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Georgia's Piedmont
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoothunter View Post
The point is, if you do not know what you are talking about, and simply hold an opinion just because, and refuse to know what you are saying, then your opinion is uninformed and invalid. If I have not read a book, but decided that I do not like the book, and argue with people who have read the book, is my opinion informed?
You're going to have to help us out some here... exactly what piece of evidence, or body of evidence for that matter, is undisputable proof that we got us some bigfeets running around? You gotta admit that the evidence against such a creature far outweighs anything otherwise. The tracks that Meldrum is so adament about are nothing but a collection of his own hypothesis' based on pieces that, for the most part, were obtained under unscientific methodology and often under suspicious circumstances. The whole Ketchum fiasco almost appeared legit at the very beginning but has turned into a three ring circus since.

Here in lies a major problem, when two of bigfoots currently most credible, and visible believers find themselves in a crisis. Both have went out on a limb and staked their reputations and careers on this controversial matter, and now, in my opinion anyways, realize they are past the point of admitting a mistake or at least owning up to being overly enthusiastic to begin with. At this point they appear to be desperate in their pursuit of further evidence supporting bigfoot... Ketchum is stalling and leaking out tantalizing hints to the public and everytime I see Meldrum on the tv he is 'just a little further out there' in his theories and evaluations of bigfoot evidence.

What are we missing? What makes you so firm in your conviction? Just based on the couple of reports from your website, I assume you have found no evidence yourself... are the anecdotal stories and reports, and the psuedo-science that is rampant in bigfooting, is this enough to convince you?
__________________
"When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots." - Mark Twain
  #111  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The Ketchum study is what you said it was, exactly that. Dr. Meldrum's work on the track way evidence is a different story. I a not convinced that the creature exists, I find the evidence that points to the possibility of it compelling, as well as the work done by Jimmy Chilcutt who is a latent finger print expert and one of the few who is also an expert in primate dermatoglyphics on the same casts Dr. Meldrum examined. So his work was independently verified, its not pseudo science.
  #112  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I do not subscribe to the self proclaimed amateur experts in the field. I follow the work of people like Dr. Bindernagel, Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Ian Redmond OBE, as well as latent finger print expert Jimmy Chilcutt. Their work is unique in the field because it is scientific, and their results can be confirmed by others who are qualified. I have not collected any evidence myself, but I have collected first hand encounter reports from witnesses, and again I find it compelling. Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Bindernagel are both published in scientific journals, and have also written books, their perspectives are based on evidence, and it is interesting.
  #113  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

In the immortal words of Si Robertson, "Hey! disagree to disagree".
  #114  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Jack!
  #115  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
NCHillbilly's Avatar
NCHillbilly NCHillbilly is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Smoky Mountains, NC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The funny part is, I really wish I could believe that bigfeets existed out there somewhere. I just haven't found anything so far to make me think they do. Just the opposite, in fact.
__________________
Son, I ain't sayin' what's right or wrong, I'm just sayin' how it is.....Black Oak Arkansas
  #116  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

By the way, you will never see me type, or use the words, Bigfooter, Bigfooting, Squatch, Squatchy or any other derivative of Bigfoot or Sasquatch. Frankly I think those terms are stupid and make an already controversial subject seem more ridiculous than people already think it is.

I know some of you use those terms in jest, and are not serious when you do. I am talking about people who claim to be experts and have television shows. I believe those people do just as much damage as hoaxers to the validity of the subject.
  #117  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
The funny part is, I really wish I could believe that bigfeets existed out there somewhere. I just haven't found anything so far to make me think they do. Just the opposite, in fact.
I respect the opinion of someone who has put their time into the outdoors, and never had a reason to think these creatures may exist. I weigh that just as heavily if not more so than people that say they have had an encounter.
  #118  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM
KyDawg's Avatar
KyDawg KyDawg is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Adairville Ky.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Uh what name are you using on here?
__________________
"He seemed like a nice old man." Brownceluse
  #119  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Doe Master Doe Master is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The woods
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoothunter View Post
I do not subscribe to the self proclaimed amateur experts in the field. I follow the work of people like Dr. Bindernagel, Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Ian Redmond OBE, as well as latent finger print expert Jimmy Chilcutt. Their work is unique in the field because it is scientific, and their results can be confirmed by others who are qualified. I have not collected any evidence myself, but I have collected first hand encounter reports from witnesses, and again I find it compelling. Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Bindernagel are both published in scientific journals, and have also written books, their perspectives are based on evidence, and it is interesting.
OK I'm trying to understand this now. Please tell me how one can have evidence and work that can be confirmed from or of something that there is ZERO proof that even exist? Take a look at the BIG HUGE picture here for a minute.

You keep saying these Dr's and scientist have been qualified. Qualified in what and by who when it comes to bigfoot? I have no doubt they might be great in there givin fields at what they do. When your talking bigfoot though there is no REAL proof that one even exist to become an expert about.

Not wanting to argue as you say before just wanting real life answers to these questions.
  #120  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
bfriendly's Avatar
bfriendly bfriendly is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Acworth, GA
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHillbilly View Post
The funny part is, I really wish I could believe that bigfeets existed out there somewhere. I just haven't found anything so far to make me think they do. Just the opposite, in fact.
I am sorry, care to elaborate? What PROOF do you have that they Do NOT Exist, Nor that it is Possible for them to exist?

The fact that there is Not a slab on a table top, isn't proof of anything.............OCM wants that Indisputable evidence, i.e. slab on table

How many casts, prints, photos, sighting reports have to be true for Bigfoot to exist?

I know, I know, even though there are hundreds and hundreds of these items out there, it Is Possible for them to ALL be fake..............but I doubt it

Anywho, it only takes 1 of the above described items to be true, and the Bigfella is Real
__________________
A Sad person is one who is living in the past. An Anxious person is living in the future. A person at Peace, is living in the moment.
  #121  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Master View Post
OK I'm trying to understand this now. Please tell me how one can have evidence and work that can be confirmed from or of something that there is ZERO proof that even exist? Take a look at the BIG HUGE picture here for a minute.

You keep saying these Dr's and scientist have been qualified. Qualified in what and by who when it comes to bigfoot? I have no doubt they might be great in there givin fields at what they do. When your talking bigfoot though there is no REAL proof that one even exist to become an expert about.

Not wanting to argue as you say before just wanting real life answers to these questions.
I understand your question. You keep saying there is absolutely zero evidence to point to the existence of this creature. I am saying, if you review the work of the people that I have named before, you would see that there is some evidence that withstands scientific scrutiny, and it is compelling enough to pursue the question further. It is a lot of reading, but if you are not willing to do that, then you are just going to have to sit around and wait for a body to turn up. I am looking at the big picture, I can see beyond the obvious hoaxes and nay sayers that base their opinions on their prejudicial attitude toward things that are not sitting in their faces. Anecdotal evidence from the time of the indians to present day, track way evidence, vocal recordings, hair samples, intriguing DNA reports (not Ketchum's) are all either the result of a coordinated, nation wide, centuries old conspiracy, or the result of a real animal. People said the same things about gorillas and pandas before specimens were presented for examination. These things have happened before. I am simply keeping an open mind on the subject. I have spent many years researching the phenomenon, so it is difficult for me to just direct people who want to know why I put any stock in this, to a few sources, especially when they refuse to read them, and continue saying, "there is zero evidence", when that is simply not true.
  #122  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

One point that is quite substantial, is that since track ways can be used scientifically as evidence of an animal, Dr. Meldrum got "Bigfoot" track ways recognized and gave them the taxonomic handle Athropoides ameriborealis, which is a huge accomplishment. Now the business of identifying the track maker remains, Bigfoot.
  #123  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Dr. Meldrum is a professor of Anthropology, with bipedal locomotion as his specialty, making him an expert in foot structure, and the evolution of bipedal walking. He as well as others have determined that some of the tracks that he has examined, were made by a living foot, of non human origin. He is not saying that Bigfoot made them, but simply that some animal is responsible for the track ways.
  #124  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM
bfriendly's Avatar
bfriendly bfriendly is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Acworth, GA
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Master View Post
OK I'm trying to understand this now. Please tell me how one can have evidence and work that can be confirmed from or of something that there is ZERO proof that even exist? Take a look at the BIG HUGE picture here for a minute.

You keep saying these Dr's and scientist have been qualified. Qualified in what and by who when it comes to bigfoot? I have no doubt they might be great in there givin fields at what they do. When your talking bigfoot though there is no REAL proof that one even exist to become an expert about.

Not wanting to argue as you say before just wanting real life answers to these questions.
If you would google the study, you'd find what he is talking about.............The proof they only offer is that something made the prints............they cant say what is is either, other than some type of unknown primate

Here....shortened version

__________________
A Sad person is one who is living in the past. An Anxious person is living in the future. A person at Peace, is living in the moment.
  #125  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Bigfoothunter Bigfoothunter is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Austell, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Hey Doe Master, I do appreciate the conversation, you are keeping me on my toes.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger