Anyone on here lease farms in Kansas ????

z71mathewsman

I have a chance to lease some river bottom ground in Kansas for this year to hunt.Just wondering what the going price is and what you guys are paying.If you dont want it public PM me thanks !!!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
I have a chance to lease some river bottom ground in Kansas for this year to hunt.Just wondering what the going price is and what you guys are paying.If you dont want it public PM me thanks !!!

Hmmmm????.....Need any help with cost??...JT is great at hanging lockons and dragging!!:D

satchmo

I leases an 80 acre tract in unit 11 (Linn county) for 500.00 bucks. I would not give more than 8 to 10 bucks an acre for lease land in Kansas.

z71mathewsman

Kansas,,,

I cant give the lady a deposit on the land before I know if I can get draw for that unit,that suxs.And I dont like their draw system either.You cant gun hunt and bow hunt,gotta choose just one.Am I reading that right????

satchmo

I cant give the lady a deposit on the land before I know if I can get draw for that unit,that suxs.And I dont like their draw system either.You cant gun hunt and bow hunt,gotta choose just one.Am I reading that right????

You will get your tag in Kansas where ever it is. They did away with the landowner tags three years ago and put them in circulation. Plus, there are always left over tags even before they did away with landowner tags. So if you take the lease you'll get to hunt there no matter what. Tags in Ks are like Ill in cost. You can shoot one buck in Kansas and a million does(if you want to buy the tags). You won't care aything about bringing a gun ever. The deer hunting there is a cakewalk compaired to here. Guns won't even seem fair. Good luck.

z71mathewsman

My dream is to hunt Kansas.Ive been hunting Illinois for the past 10yrs and Ohio for the past 6. I started out trying to lease a 156ac farm a widowed lady had and ended up leasing the bordering farm too totaling 411 acres.My DREAM is starting to happen,,,cant wait.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Satchmo is exactly right....never had an issue drawing tags in KS...always leftovers!

rjcruiser

I'd worry about getting the lease before getting the tag.

Last year, sections didn't sell out until June...some were August. Also, with the tag system, you buy the section you want and get to choose another section that touches the one you bought. In other words, if the section you want sells out, you buy the one next to it and claim the other as your second.

Rip Steele

Don't worry about the tags, worry about getting the land to hunt on. I also heard that CWD hit them pretty hard along with Ill. and MO. I got word that there were deer laying everywhere dead from it.

z71mathewsman

Im headed out to look at the farms next month and sign the lease and meet the lady.That is if they are not BIG BUCKS laying dead on the land.

Ihunt

Eastern Kansas got hit HARD by blue tongue. We hunted out there in late October this year and we were still finding dead deer. I am not trying to scare you just make you aware. It will still be good but will take 3-4 years before it is like it was. The local processor actually closed down in October because of a lack of business.

z71mathewsman

Talked to the wildlife biologist yesterday on the phone about 30 mins talking about this disease.They had a map handy to tell me reported cases of this.It was spread from the northern to the southeastern part of the state.The extreme northeast corner was hit the hardest he said.Some counties had 50-60 reports,and the county im looking at had 12.