GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Fly Fishing

Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Looking for trout fishing buddy/group N.Ga

Looking for fishing buddies/group to hit the hwy 60 area. I live just shy of there, and like to take the fire roads up from Nimblewell up through the Rock Creek area to points north.

Looking to tent camp also. While I was away for 2 1/5 decades my brothers used to trout fish these areas and taunt me with stories.

Now everyone acts too old and unless they can haul their 30ft campers they won't go even though I'm the oldest at 50 Wife and I don't have a camper, retired funds issue... so tent camping we will go. Have a fly rod and ultralite trout tackle (yes, it's a genuine French made Garcia Mitchell reel

I don't know the area well enough, and don't relish the thought of camping along side the bongo pothead crowds who frequent the free pulloffs up there, so looking to hit Mulky, Cooper Creek, Frank Gross areas or other recommended places. We have nothing but time since retirement and lack of consulting work (hence lack of additional funds, thank you BHO administration). Willing to camp/fish during the week also.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM

Take a look over on North Georgia Trout Online (www.NGTO.org). There are several folks in the Dahlonega area as well as a very active group in the Gold Rush Chapter of Trout Unlimited (http://goldrushtu.org/). Their next chapter meeting is April 2nd at Camp Glisson off Hwy. 60 north of town.