opinions on joining the free masons.

i am currently in the process of joining the free mason's. i have a dear lifelong child hood friend standing on my door steps in tears this weekend when he learned of this news. he has decided that even though i am saved and baptised this is a fatal sin and i am going to - hatties..because of joining this group. he swears they are a satanic cult ravaged in sin metting in secret and destin to take over the world and to kill all black people. i cheerfully explained that this was my choice and something that i sought out on my own. i have a uncle who is a 54 yr mason and a another family friend that is a 40yr plus mason.both of which have nothing but good things to say and have extended how proud of me they are for joining. my entire reason for joining is i work in an office of me and 7 women... i go home to my wife and two cats... there is not alot of time in the day for men talk. hunting/fishing/ ga football / farting...etc. i am not trying to sound gay at all but i sometimes need the male companionship the brother hood of it all. just some guy time. i am not really sure if i am venting or asking here but just kind of want some others opinions as to what they think.. i have done extensive research on the subject and to no way at all do i see any wrong doing inside the free masons or anything to suggest they are devil worshipers or against the bible. in fact i know they pray before everything they do and an open bible is at every ceremony... can you tell me something to put my friend at ease!:flag:

rjcruiser

in fact i know they pray before everything they do and an open bible is at every ceremony... can you tell me something to put my friend at ease!:flag:

I know a lot of churches/pastors that do the same and are leading their congregation straight to hel!.

I think I'd get involved with the men at your church before joining a secret society...but that's just my opinion.

centerpin fan

... my entire reason for joining is i work in an office of me and 7 women... i go home to my wife and two cats... there is not alot of time in the day for men talk. hunting/fishing/ ga football / farting...etc. i am not trying to sound gay at all but i sometimes need the male companionship the brother hood of it all.

There are no men at your church? No small groups for men? No men's Bible studies?

no, most of the people in my church are older an do not do much other than sun day service. we tried to organize a softball team last year and only had 2 people sign up...

ryano

Banned
..because of joining this group. he swears they are a satanic cult ravaged in sin metting in secret and destin to take over the world and to kill all black people.

No offense, but your friend is a moron but so are many others that believe this nonsense about Freemasonry.

Congratulations and best of luck on your journey. There are quiet a few of us Brothers here and we will be more than glad to help you anyway we can along your way.

thanks ryano i appreciate that... i just cant understand why people hate folks that try so hard to help kids and have a little pancake breakfast every now and then. from everyone in the lodge i am joining that i have talked to, they seem like just awesome guys. very spiritual folks hard workers with some awesome life stories. i am excited and eager to be part of the brotherhood.

rjcruiser

No offense, but your friend is a moron but so are many others that believe this nonsense about Freemasonry.

So...are you saying we're all Moron's for suggesting him getting involved with the guys at his church rather than the guys at the lodge?

One with a good softball program. :D

Bingo.:cheers:

ryano

Banned
:
So...are you saying we're all Moron's for suggesting him getting involved with the guys at his church rather than the guys at the lodge?

Do you mind pointing out where I said or even implied anything even close to that?

You will NOT bait me into this argument though. Sorry, but I have better things to do today and watching a bunch of nonsense unfold on this forum from people that have no idea or clue about Freemasonry is so 4 years ago. :deadhorse: :yawn:

Good day and "God Bless". :cool: Im done with this one.

To the new Brother reaching out, best of luck to you. If I can help you, please feel free to get in touch with me.

rjcruiser

no, most of the people in my church are older an do not do much other than sun day service. we tried to organize a softball team last year and only had 2 people sign up...

btw...crazy...my church doesn't have many men my age either...actually, none. They're either 20-30 years older or 10 years younger. So...I joined a Tennis league in a nearby town. Play twice a week...with both Christians and non-Christians. Yup...some of the guys cuss, smoke and drink...but then again, I figure I can be a light to them and get the exercise I need all at the same time.

Dana Young

I thought about joining the masons but GOD warned me not to and thats all the opinion I needed but we MORONs don't need much since we are not able to think for our selfs or trust what GOD tells us. Pray and ask GOD but be ready for him to show you different than what you want to hear. May GOD bless you.

honestly, i wasn't trying to start a holy war.. i am a christian and am born again and baptised and washed in the blood. like i said i have researched and have not come across anything at all that has in any way showed me anything that makes the free masons out o be against the bible.. if anything it has been quite the opposite. no one i have spoken to including 40 and 50 yr masons have never steered me away. what i was actually looking for was advice to give my moron friend lol. to make him back off...and understand i am a christian i am saved and i am going to heaven and i am going to be a mason.

centerpin fan

like i said i have researched and have not come across anything at all that has in any way showed me anything that makes the free masons out o be against the bible..

Seriously? You've never seen any negative comments about Freemasonry from Christians?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Christians+Against+Freemasonry&FORM=QSRE5

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Are+the+Masons+Christian&FORM=R5FD

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Can+Christians+Be+Freemasons&FORM=R5FD5

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Christian+View+On+Masons&FORM=R5FD1

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Masons+and+Christianity&FORM=R5FD4

Last edited:

rjcruiser

what i was actually looking for was advice to give my moron friend lol. to make him back off...and understand i am a christian i am saved and i am going to heaven and i am going to be a mason.

Note to self. Be careful asking for other's advice....you might just get the answer you weren't looking for.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gtparts

CC,
My advice to you is quite simple.

Pour the energy, time, and the funds, that you would spend in Freemasonry, into your local church. Seems like your interest in Freemasons is a search for finding self-serving relationships, those that meet your needs. Grow your congregation by pouring those gifts from God into service for His kingdom, rather than a secular group with religious undertones. Masonry is temporal in nature even while doing good things. The blessings of serving God are eternal, now and forever. When good isn't good enough, seek the best.

hummdaddy

lets say truly conservative christians think everything is evil ,and out to get them...it's all about the devil and his evil ways of deception, and lies to take down Christianity:crazy:

there sure are lots of christians that are masons;)