Registration is OPEN for the GBAA State Target

GRIV

We're going to have a fun time next weekend. Y'all get registered as quickly as possible so we know who is coming. I already have a load fo 4H kids looking to come and a couple full archery teams will be there, so grab your spots quick.

Read more and look at the map @ https://archeryeventsatalc.squarespace.com/gbaa-state-target/

WHERE:

West Walton Park
605 Tom Brewer Road
Loganville, GA 30052

Look for the Archery Target Signs when you get close

From Hwy 285 - Drive east on Hwy 78 28 Miles
The entrance to parking will be on the right. Park in the police station parking lot and you'll be able to see the field

CONTACT

Archery Learning Center 678-344-0035

email - archerylearningcenter@gmail.com

SHOOTING TIMES

Saturday May 18 - 9AM (practice is 7:45am to 8:45am) 1PM (practice is 11:45am to 12:45PM)
Sunday May 19 - 9AM (practice is 7:45am to 8:45am) 1PM (practice is 11:45am to 12:45PM)

Archers may shoot the double 900 round in one day (not recommended for kids.)

SHOOT INFORMATION

We will shoot a double 900 round. A 900 Round is 30 arrows at three different distances 60, 50, 40 yards for adults. Each day you will shoot 90 arrows for score straight through. There will be one hour of practice prior to each shooting time. Targets will be configured so you can shoot in your marks at each distance prior to competition.

DISTANCES FOR COMPETITION:

Adults 18 and up: 60, 50, 40 Yards
Young Adults 15 - 17: 60, 50, 40 Yards
Youth 12 - 14: 50, 40, 30 Yards
Cubs Under 12: 30, 20, 10 Yards

Mail registration forms to:
George Ryals 2164 Fountain SQ
Snellville, GA 3007

Make checks payable to:
Archery Learning Center JOAD Inc.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

Whit's Inn - 4648 Lawrenceville Road Loganville, GA 30052-2662 (770) 466-0807

Bright Inn - 4200 Atlanta Highway Loganville, GA 30052 (770) 554-9955

Campgrounds:

Stone Mountain Heights Mobile (770) 979-1000 5141 Stone Mountain Hwy, Stone Mountain, GA 30087

Attachments

• GBAA_2013_State_Target.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 118

red1691

Hope there are some BHFS shooters up that way because the south will rise again!!!:stir::rofl:

Anonymoushaha12

Does a fat baby - I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -?

red1691

Now that the Spring Turkey is done, it's time for a real Archery tournament to separate the, well come on out and lets shoot 180 scoring arrows and see what happens!! Either way it will be a Fun shoot, 12 more Days lets get it on!!!!

oldgeez

:shoot::whip::whip::smash::smash:i got my vap's out and poundage turned down...see ya there red. hopefully it won't be as wet as the last time i saw ya, lol!! bring your car pool buddies with ya this time. the looooong drive won't be quite so boring:shoot::shoot::fine:

oldgeez

i was talking to tim at the spring turkey, and he mentioned the new nfaa age classifications were going into effect for this shoot. is this correct?? if so the registration form needs updating. just askin':smash::smash::biggrin2::biggrin2:

red1691

No, the New classes will not start till June at the GBAA State Field in Savannah, at least that's how I heard it at the State meeting.

oldgeez

sounds good..except now at the state championship shoots, there's always only been 1 senior class!! i wonder if that will continue. i know a lot of the really older guys don't like shooting against guys and girls almost young enough to be their kids, lol!!.. i was just wondering if now, there might be 2 senior classes. of course there really aren't enough senior shooters to warrant 2 classes, plus the seniors get no break on the stake distances; like they do now at the asa style 3d shoots at the local tournaments. like chuck said, we might as well get used to shooting the long stake right before the gbaa state shoot for practice, because those targets are going to be out there, lol!! so i was just wondering because a 50 year old is really a young whipper snapper as bowanna says, compared to a guy who is pushing 70!!:type::type::fine::fine::yeah::yeah:

red1691

In June when the new rules go into effect it should be 6 Senior classes, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+ with Release class and finger class in each. I'm not sure on this but I think it's both genders, get the new classes, but don't hold me to that one though...

red1691

1 week away, Are You Ready????

oldgeez

got my 6x lens and little biddy peep in there....waitin':banana::banana:..trying to find a ride to the field shoot. the alc'ers are coming because brian johnson, who i hit on first for a ride, said they are caravaning down there in 2 vehicles. they are full up, but i've still got time:banginghe:banginghe:whip:

red1691

Less than a week now! Folks must be scared!!!

Kris87

Man, I'm tempted to come over. I shot some really good groups from 60 yards last night, but 90 arrows ain't no walk in the park. I'd need to setup another bow with less poundage to do the whole gig.

Good luck to all the archers going!

oldgeez

c'mon kris and chuck...turn down the #age and git r done::ke:::ke:::ke: i know you can keep 'em in a pie plate at 60 yards all day long. that target is huge. i ain't skert and i gotta shoot against 50 year old kids, lol!!:whip::whip::whip::smash: the target championship may not be here for another 15 years. red's coming, and he's gotta drive 320 miles from savannah:shoot::shoot::hammers: this one is in yards not meters, so you only gotta shoot 60...not almost 70

watermedic

Can't play hookey from work.

My Lil Sis and cam are coming in from TX Wed also.

More reasons not to that to. Not to mention that the last time I traveled up that way someone relieved me of a new pistol out of my car. Hope they shoot themselves in the crotch with it!

red1691

I hope that's a Large pizza pie plate for the 10 ring:rofl:, my grouping sucks right now:hammers:! Got to figure out some thing by Saturday afternoon!!!!!