323 Archery Douglasville - Cystic Fibrosis shoot

Dyrewulf

Our final shoot of the 2013 season will be held Saturday, August 17th, and will be a Cystic Fibrosis benefit shoot. THERE WILL BE NO PAYBACK! $20 single fee for all classes, $30 per family. All proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
The Cystic Fibrosis shoot prizes are:

• A two day deer hunt in Western Kentucky by Donaldson Creek Outfitters ($750 value) donaldsoncreekoutfitters.com
  • A $350 Bass Pro gift card
  • A free deer mount ($275 value)
  • 3 coupons for free deer processing
  • In addition, there is an ongoing raffle for a Big Green Egg, retail value $950. Tickets are $10, the drawing will be at the shoot. Contact Kelly @ 678-614-0178 for more information or to purchase tickets in advance.

Visit 323 Archery's website for more news and information.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 484
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Count us in. Jr and I will be there for sure. Would'nt miss it for the world, plus it's for a great cause also. Need to get Brad in on this one too.

Last edited:

Dyrewulf

Update - The Cystic Fibrosis shoot prizes are:

A two day deer hunt in Western Kentucky by Donaldson Creek Outfitters ($750 value) donaldsoncreekoutfitters.com

A $350 Bass Pro gift card
A free deer mount ($275 value)
3 coupons for free deer processing

In addition, there is an ongoing raffle for a Big Green Egg, retail value $950. Tickets are $10, the drawing will be at the shoot. Contact Kelly @ 678-614-0178 for more information or to purchase tickets in advance.

Also, lunch will be provided by Hudson's BBQ.

pop pop jones

Just turned this shoot into a big deal. Y'all doing a good thing. Good luck with this shoot.

Dyrewulf

Thanks! I'm hoping we see a ton of people, it's been pretty thin this year (25-38 folks) and I'd love to see 80-100.

Dyrewulf

Something else I just noticed on the *NEW* flyers (I'll get one scanned and put up later) is that the entry fee is a $20 donation for an individual $30 for a FAMILY.

Dyrewulf

Bump - added the information about $20 for individuals/$30 for families, and the prizes, to the top of the post.

Mike7474

How is the shoot set up? Classes, yardage, target types, etc. I live down the road and hope to come with a couple guys.

Dyrewulf

We USUALLY set up the normal, ASA style stakes for all classes, I'm pretty sure this weekend we'll do the same, but it might be 'short, middle, long,' since it's a 'for fun, benefit' shoot. As always in these type of shoots, since folks aren't competing against each other for money and the prizes are all door prizes, pretty much shoot from where you want, with the gear you want, as long as both are safe. If you want to use a rangefinder, go ahead. I'm shooting my hunting set up, and if a target ticks me off, I might just tackle it after the arrows have been pulled. :rofl:

Dyrewulf

Ok - The range is set to 'short - medium - long,' and from what Clay said, there's a 40' x 40' main tent, a stage (for calling out raffle winners) etc. etc. down at the property - I'll be there at the crack o' dawn, and rain or shine, I'll be there all day. Unless it rains cocker spaniels, if those little yappers come flyin' out o' th' sky, I'm leaving....

Michaelp

This is a good deal guys and gals...There are a lot of shooters within an hour of here. Lets make it happen.

BigThig09

Posted this in another thread about what shooters want, but figured 323 deserved some recognition for a job well done! Thank you!

As a kid 15-20 years ago, I used to shoot a few 3-d tournaments a year with my dad and friends. I LOVED it. For some reason, we quit going. I've always wanted to get back into it, but like many here have said, I was intimidated by the "big time" shooters and quite frankly didn't have the confidence to do it. Yesterday I shot the charity event held by 323 archery and Gable's sporting goods. It was for fun, and for a great cause so I figured why not? Let me tell you, it was a BLAST and I am ate up with it now! They had a "break the lifesaver" competition that I couldn't get enough of (but my wallet did) lol...I wound up placing 2nd in that event, and the encouragement of the more serious shooters telling me I had the talent to shoot competitively and that they wanted to see me out there more boosted my confidence ten fold! It was a great event and I can honestly say 323 archery created a spark on a new shooter yesterday! Well done!

Simply put; Keep it simple, make it fun, and they will come!n

KillZone

Hey thig nice shooting just remember start with novice then go up from there. Just shoot straight!!!