GON Magazine | GON Marketplace

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Birds, Birds and More Birds > Turkey Talk

Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM

Default Turkey Choke Convert

I can say that I was a skeptic when it came to turkey hunting with a turkey choke. Before I just used a full and high brass Winchester number 6's and got a good pattern out to 30 steps. My buddy convinced me to get a turkey choke for my Maverick and I got a blackout .660 and Winchester Xr's number 5's through it and blew the paper off the board at 25 yards exact. Shoots low with that choke and shell so I ordered a saddle mount for it and I am going to put a red dot on there to bring it up. Honestly it doesn't need it but I am desperate to be active doing something since I cant hunt. None the less I am a firm believer now if you have the money get a turkey choke, the blackout was 40 dollars and I am very impressed. I patterned it at 40 yards it was devastating in comparison to what I was used too. I will shoot it this weekend with the red dot and I will post pictures.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:22 PM

I've heard of and shot a lot of turkey chokes. Never heard of a blackout? Who makes it?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmcc View Post
I've heard of and shot a lot of turkey chokes. Never heard of a blackout? Who makes it?
Carlson's Choke Tubes. Its the Bass Pro brand. I use Carlson for all my other tubes and when I saw this I knew I would like it.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Congrats.. I at first thought the choke was made by IC as it looks alot like the farmed out chokes they did for MAD.. Than I saw the youtube video.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 AM

We put a Carlson choke in my sons dove gun and that thing throws a super pattern, just crushes birds, might try this one in his turkey gun.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg View Post
We put a Carlson choke in my sons dove gun and that thing throws a super pattern, just crushes birds, might try this one in his turkey gun.
I would suggest it. Great choke.