How To Make a Paracord Turkey Tote

HD28

Here's a simple, basic turkey tote I make that you can easily make too using 550 Paracord.
YouTube has videos of how to do the Cobra Weave.
(See post #34 for how to tie Bowline Knot)

Attachments

• PARACORD TURKEY TOTE.pdf
    200.1 KB · Views: 2,529
Last edited:

sman

Thanks for posting. I just bought some cord the other day to try and do this.

HD28

No problem. These are easy and good rainy day projects.
These dimensions worked very good and the turkey doesn't hang way down and bang ya in the calves.
Useful tool.

Pneumothorax

Next time you make one, could you take a pic of the splice where the tag end of the handle doubles back through the little starting loop? I made one last fall and looked all over for details on that splice but couldn't find anything. So I made mine as a shoulder sling with a king cobra stitch for the shoulder part.

I gave it as a Christmas gift to my cousin. I'll see if he can shoot me a picture of it to post.

HD28

Here's a little mockup of the handle splice that will hopefully help.

Attachments

• Handle Splice.pdf
    186.8 KB · Views: 792

turkeykirk

HD28,
Thanks for posting this! Been wanting to try to make one.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Thanks for the post and sharing. I have a similar tote made with a square weave rather than cobra weave. I've done the cobra weave for a sling. The two spur loops are finished off with two short sections of antler, one per antler section, each about an inch long. Two holes are drilled across the antler . The cord is run through the holes forming an adjustable loop with a knot in the end to jam against the hole. A loop is made by pulling the cord out from the antler.

Pneumothorax

Next time you make one, could you take a pic of the splice where the tag end of the handle doubles back through the little starting loop? I made one last fall and looked all over for details on that splice but couldn't find anything. So I made mine as a shoulder sling with a king cobra stitch for the shoulder part.

I gave it as a Christmas gift to my cousin. I'll see if he can shoot me a picture of it to post.

Here's what I came up with. Decided to design it for carrying doubles out. Always helps to think positive. ;)

Not sure why he added the little mini carabiners.

Attachments

• IMG_5012.JPG
    IMG_5012.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 5,033
  • IMG_5013.JPG
    IMG_5013.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 4,994

Matthew Cabe

33e3kh1.jpg

sman

Very nice work guys!

longbranch gamegetr

Just tried making one of these , a lot easier than I thought it would be once I figured out the cobra weave. May go over the handle with another color to break it up a little. Thanks for the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 4,752

turkeykirk

Just tried making one of these , a lot easier than I thought it would be once I figured out the cobra weave. May go over the handle with another color to break it up a little. Thanks for the idea.

Looks real good!

HD28

Yall make sure you don't make them too long or the turkey will hang way down and bang on your calves and/or the ground.

pasinthrough

These are the type I make.

Attached is a PDF with directions.

Attachments

• resized TT.jpg
    resized TT.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 4,842
  • Turkey Tote-2.pdf
    356.2 KB · Views: 392

Pneumothorax

These are the type I make.

Attached is a PDF with directions.

Looks great! So how does the black "core" look inside the "connector" braid? You've got four cords entering from the handle side but two coming out at the leg-loop end.

pasinthrough

Looks great! So how does the black "core" look inside the "connector" braid? You've got four cords entering from the handle side but two coming out at the leg-loop end.

I pull them down pretty tight, so you really can't notice them much unless you really look hard. Where the end of the main line goes back into the main braid is what makes the grip section and the 5 or 6 knots on top of the 4 cords are what lock them together so they won't slip. I haven't had one to even think of coming loose yet. Hope these photos show more detail. One is a top down and the other is a side view.

Attachments

• DSC04694.JPG
    DSC04694.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 4,736
  • DSC04695.JPG
    DSC04695.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 4,705

Latest posts