Aluminum can tabs

patchestc

Are the tabs worth more per pound than the cans, or is
it all the same?

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I always heard the tabs were worth more per pound because a pound of tabs weighs more than a pound of cans.Duh:D

jigman29

When I was a kid I heard they were pure aluminum and worth 100 buck a gallon.My brother and myself spent half the summer popping tabs and getting stung and managed to round up a gallon.We were tickled to death when we went to the recycle thinking we were going to have plenty of cash.Guy just laughed at us and said they were not worth anymore than the cans lol.We were ticked for sure but I guess dad was happy we kept busy and out of his hair most of the summer lol.

T-N-T

There are all kinds of "find raisers" that keep tabs. Like 4H and such. Maybe the recycle man sole jigmans money?! :banginghe

There are all kinds of "find raisers" that keep tabs. Like 4H and such. Maybe the recycle man sole jigmans money?! :banginghe

There are some school type programs that pay more for the tabs.

As far as cashing them in at the local scrap yard, a pound of alum. is pretty much a pound of aluminum.

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
Ask Jeffc, HIs Son Recycle. I Believe He Said That The Pulls Were A Higher Quality.

jigman29

Oh no we took them back home with us.We didn't believe him but after asking several others and getting the same answers dad gave them to some place that said each one turned in the coke company would give a minute a chemo to a cancer patient.