Weekend Bass and Striper Report w/video

Scout'nStripers

We got out and fished both Saturday and Sunday morning and evening. Our mornings were spent concentrating on topwater bass early in the morning and trolling cranks after the sun gets up, then coming back out in the evening for stripers. There are plenty of smaller bass back in the creek and most are feeding on small pods of 1st year bluebacks on the surface. I made up a couple of Sammy type baits in a blueback pattern and Lisa was able to catch her first topwater bass on one of those baits. She was amazed at all the little bass whacking at the bait on the surface. We also found some nice bass casting topwater around a few of the points in the creek. We switched over to trolling cranks about mid morning and caught a few also.
We came back out in the evening on Saturday and was able to find a few stripers over deeper water around the six mile/shady grove area. These stripers were just singles hanging out around schools of bluebacks. We also found a few stripers inside six mile and was able to pull out a nice one yesterday morning while bass fishing.
Here's a short video of a few fish this weekend.

blocker67

Thank you! I got out on the water Saturday morning 8/25 from Long Hollow Park and had a great time fishing topwater baits in the early morning. Spots were hitting everything that moved. The surface action was amazing and all around me. Finally around 10:30am, I switch over to your suggested tactic of trolling cranks in the chartreuse color (with a dot). It took me about 15 minutes of trolling a 40ft contour and I had my first strike. I fully expected a spot but to my surprise, reeled in my very first striper. Yes, first. No trophy but the curse has been lifted. I caught another striper about 45 minutes later and then had to call it a day when the jetskis start going over my lines. It turned into a zoo out there very quickly about noon.

Thanks for your posts. They real do help those of us still trying to figure out patterns on the lake and who don't get out on the lake much.

Scout'nStripers

Thank you! I got out on the water Saturday morning 8/25 from Long Hollow Park and had a great time fishing topwater baits in the early morning. Spots were hitting everything that moved. The surface action was amazing and all around me. Finally around 10:30am, I switch over to your suggested tactic of trolling cranks in the chartreuse color (with a dot). It took me about 15 minutes of trolling a 40ft contour and I had my first strike. I fully expected a spot but to my surprise, reeled in my very first striper. Yes, first. No trophy but the curse has been lifted. I caught another striper about 45 minutes later and then had to call it a day when the jetskis start going over my lines. It turned into a zoo out there very quickly about noon.

Thanks for your posts. They really do help those of us still trying to figure out patterns on the lake and who don't get out on the lake much.

That's awesome! Congrats on your first and second stripers. I just wish I could catch a couple stripers while trolling cranks, but it's just spots for us on the south end.
Keep at it and you'll be bringing those fish in left and right.
Glad I could help.:cheers:

Loorawls

I like your display at Buford dam bait store. You have some great looking baits. I had to pick up a cb in the sand key color since it looks like all the spots in Bald Ridge like it :bounce:. I'll be trying out one of those jerk baits soon.

Scout'nStripers

I like your display at Buford dam bait store. You have some great looking baits. I had to pick up a cb in the sand key color since it looks like all the spots in Bald Ridge like it :bounce:. I'll be trying out one of those jerk baits soon.
Glad you like it. Thanks.

Good investment on the Sand Key cb. That thing is a Bald Ridge killer right there. It's also done well up on the Tee arm (Thompson,Lathem) on the north end and it's also proven itself on Clarks Hill. It's a pattern the bass seem to react well to. Good luck with it!:cheers: