World record 600 yd. 5 shot group.

RamblinWreck

Benchrest never impressed me.

In other news, the USA team, featuring several GA shooters including John Whidden of Nashville, GA, won the Canadian Fullbore championship. My buddy Steve was the record-setting coach. Ranges fired are 300 and 600 yards, and 800 and 900 meters. Iron sights, prone, with sling. 'Merica! Yeah!

L-R: John Whidden, Steve Hardin, and Bryan Litz
fullconn1401.jpg

Last edited:

wareagle700

I shot next to John Whidden once, the guy can flat out shoot with irons. Benchrest doesn't douch for me either although some of the group sizes are pretty impressive.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bah Humbug!!! You guys are great shots, but you aim at exactly the same place on the targets that are in proportion to each distance. They all look the same so you just adjust your clicks for each distance. It's like cheating. If you had to shoot at the same size target at all the different ranges it would be more competitive and difficult.

:pop:

gt40

PS: I've shot High Power too. :stir:

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
There are some super shooters with super rifles up there. They have wooped my but up there.

gt40

Flaustin1

Those guys up there are serious. I had know idea the caliber of shooter we had in our area till I joined up. Good bunch of guys up there.

RamblinWreck

Bah Humbug!!! You guys are great shots, but you aim at exactly the same place on the targets that are in proportion to each distance. They all look the same so you just adjust your clicks for each distance. It's like cheating. If you had to shoot at the same size target at all the different ranges it would be more competitive and difficult.

:pop:

gt40

PS: I've shot High Power too. :stir:

:bounce:

Come shoot the 600 yard mid-range tourney at RBGC in October. Its a fun match.

ben300win

Don't see Miles or Chris Gibbys name on that target. They can flat out shoot too. Think Chris has a 1000 yd five shot at less than an inch. Good folks. Had a few hunting rifles built by Miles. Shot his Sucker gun at 100 at Elbert county. Never shot bench rest before and ended up with a 250 with 14x.

Latest posts