Two metal detecting 1st for a good friend I beared witness too!

Jack Flynn

Met with a couple of good friends to hunt and someone got two firsts for him. Here's the pics and a little description.
First found was a artillery cuff button right quick into the hunt.

A couple of hours meaninglessly went by. Then he got a quarter signal, pushed the shovel in the dirt and out pops a bunch of coins. They started scanning and using the pinpointer and when all was said and done a cache of 67 coins not counting the pennies had come to light. Glass was in the hole also so we surmised they were in a jar that had broken. 56 quarters, 1 dollar, 6 halves, 3 dimes and a nickel. Not counting the pennies. Spanning from 1887-1970's. Here's the pics and I bet he still can't get that grin off his face lol. Congrats to him!

His son holding just some quarters at the hole.......

Scrapy

Banned
My old great granddaddy was 106 when he up and died. He was my buddy. Like the old song said. " He wore a white shirt, that buttoned at the neck. We'd sit around and watch the chickens peck..... He tied a string at the end of a mop. Said now, "sweetson , here's a pony, now keep her at a trot" . I'd ride in circles while he laughed a lot, And I'd flop down beside him.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congrats......... it will be a long time before another find like that

joedublin

Anyone know if there are any good spots for metal detecting around the small town of Whigham in SW Georgia ?