Rut is on weather stinks, what to do

Discotdi

So according to scientific and historical studies the rut should occur in most of N GA next week. So the time to be in the woods is now. But the weather for the next 10 to 14 days stinks. Warm and rain.
What is everyone doing? Hitting the stand anyway?
Morning, afternoon, all day?
Chime in, please.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You hunt. That is what you do.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

PappyHoel

End of November for my north Ga county.

the rain.........

is the best thing that can happen.

After about 3 days of rain the buck has no idea where his does are at because he can't track them. The time to be in the woods is now because he may very well have lost his does and the only way to keep up with them right now is to keep them in sight.

Rut or not, I would be hunting right now.

s&r

Powelton

Banned
working, well, when someone calls, and staring out the window, knowing all to well, the weather will stink when I strike out to hunt in the future.

immahuntertoo

I will be in the woods for sure.. A little rain never hurt nobody:). They are gettin fired up in Hancock county. That's where I will be Thursday night thru Monday afternoon:)....yea comon!!!

rustybucket

rain == good hunting.

I'm not sure where in the world people ever got the idea that you should not hunt when it rains, every single big deer on my wall was taken when it was raining, just quit raining, or about to rain.

Several of them taken when the wind was howling... guess you shouldn't hunt when it's windy either!!

tomorrow.......

is critical, he will move all night and his movement will continue into the day light hours. That being said, his nose will be up in the air checking scent. So the very thing that is to your advantage is the same thing that will get you busted. Hunting into the wind on deer trails from bedding areas and feeding areas and in cover will be paramount.

Good luck and stay trigger ready because the opportunities will be quick.

s&r

Discotdi

I'm not worried about getting wet, but the warm temps. Every hunter knows deer move more with weather fronts typically cold fronts.
This weather pattern and the deer are in a rut.
Just saying this warm weather couldn't come at a worse time.

hunt4em

is the best thing that can happen.

After about 3 days of rain the buck has no idea where his does are at because he can't track them. The time to be in the woods is now because he may very well have lost his does and the only way to keep up with them right now is to keep them in sight.

Rut or not, I would be hunting right now.

s&r

This may be the best advise I have ever read on this forum,when I quits raining next week,and while it is raining,be in the woods.bucks will not be able to scent check food plots as well because of the rain.

godogs57

You hunt. That is what you do.

NC beat me to it....I have yet to see a buck that told me the weather was too warm to breed a hot doe. Honest...

Seriously, most folks know that the does come in due to photoperiodisim...the shortening of the days...weather has nothing to do with the rut beginning of the rut, physiologically. However, "perfect" weather for rutting activity can intensify the activity, I'll give you that.

But the old saying "You ain't gonna kill him sitting in your den in the LazyBoy recliner" still holds true. Regardless of the weather, nothing can beat being in that stand...daylight to dark if you can stand it.

Good luck