First ever in georgia.

Catfishdrum

So my neighbor has gotten into duck hunting. This is his 2nd year. This morning at Lake Juliette here in middle georgia he Baggs a "Surf Scotter" usually found in Maine and Alaska. The Georgia DNR told him it was the first ever in georgia. He had several photos taken for GON. Here is a few pics. How cool is that... he will be hooked for life.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1480289015527.jpg
    FB_IMG_1480289015527.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,272
  • FB_IMG_1480289034603.jpg
    FB_IMG_1480289034603.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,244
  • FB_IMG_1480289026524.jpg
    FB_IMG_1480289026524.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,308

Catfishdrum

I was just going on what he told me... he might not be the first but your right it is a cool duck.

rnelson5

That is uncommon for inland GA as Scoters are a sea duck, but they are commonly seen on the coast. Either way, it would be a surprise in a spread that far inland.

cowhornedspike

Killed one on Seminole several years ago but it is a rare duck here for sure.

Catfishdrum

Since we are going all high and mighty, that's not a ringneck in the first picture.

All 3 pictures are the same duck. I don't know what he is wearing or about his headlamp. I will definitely tell him about the safety issue. I see where you quoted that post of the best of the best but where is the original post? Was it deleted?

killed these in the Savannah River

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,771
  • Fixed.jpg
    Fixed.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 1,787
It aint the first scooter surf common or black. That are killed in Georgia all The time and pictures are posted here all the time. Now if somebody kills a King Eider in Georgia. I would be impressed.

That is uncommon for inland GA as Scoters are a sea duck, but they are commonly seen on the coast. Either way, it would be a surprise in a spread that far inland.
Folks have told me that they have seen them killed on the lakes. Not allot but they are killed.

I said uncommon not unheard of.
I was just saying what I have been told. Now if anybody posted a picture king eider other than you that would be up for question.
I think you are the only one that is a regular that has killed one.:clap:

rnelson5

I was just saying what I have been told. Now if anybody posted a picture king eider other than you that would be up for question.
I think you are the only one that is a regular that has killed one.:clap:

I have never killed a king just a common. You have to go to the Bearing Sea to get a King and that cost some big $$$$. I may make it one day, but it will be one of the last birds I get if i ever get one.

I have never killed a king just a common. You have to go to the Bearing Sea to get a King and that cost some big $$$$. I may make it one day, but it will be one of the last birds I get if i ever get one.

who here has killed an eider? Other than you?