GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 01-31-2017, 04:51 PM
Default Lanier video from this morning

Old 01-31-2017, 06:05 PM

Great video there! What great weather for January too! Enjoy your post and videos.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:07 PM

Nice video !!!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 AM

Great video... enjoyed it... makes me ready for spring
Old 02-01-2017, 10:23 AM

That's how you do it!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Thanks guys! I had so much fun yesterday morning I made another run this morning. Enjoy!
Old 02-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Official Political Forum Meme Poster

NICE! Thanks for sharing, I'll be out on the water this weekend.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Great videos Scoutin...you're putting on a clinic!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browning Slayer View Post
NICE! Thanks for sharing, I'll be out on the water this weekend.
Good luck and keep those crankbaits handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabun View Post
Great videos Scoutin...you're putting on a clinic!
Thanks Rabun. Hopefully Burton is treating you well and your getting a few of those nice trout.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:41 AM

Great couple of videos Jim.......keep posting them!!!!

I need to meet you at the ramp for some pre-work hustle fishing one day soon!!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus T. View Post
Great couple of videos Jim.......keep posting them!!!!

I need to meet you at the ramp for some pre-work hustle fishing one day soon!!!!
Thanks Cletus. Definitely we'll do it again one day. I'm doing some boater practice for the flw bfl this month so I'll be out a lot. I just gotta quit messing with the stripers. LOL
Old 02-03-2017, 05:49 AM

Cool vid Jim,
In hartwell there are millions of 2-3 inch threadfins in the backs of the creeks right now. We have caught a few bass and stripers on a fluke jr. The bait that is really working though is a 1/8 or 1/4 oz. crappie jig.
'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'USA' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Old 02-04-2017, 09:56 PM

That's awesome. Reminds me of my trip last year about the same time throwing 3.8" Keitech Fat Impacts on a A-Rig. The linesides and spots were just smoking the lure. Seems that was about the same size as those bait fishes posted in the first video. They would not hit the 4.8 Keitechs and 5" super flukes. Great vid and fishing. Happy tugging
Old 02-05-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Head View Post
Cool vid Jim,
In hartwell there are millions of 2-3 inch threadfins in the backs of the creeks right now. We have caught a few bass and stripers on a fluke jr. The bait that is really working though is a 1/8 or 1/4 oz. crappie jig.
It's like that here in the creeks too. They're so thick at times you just can't help snagging them with a jerkbait. It's hard for me to compete with all that bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33788 View Post
That's awesome. Reminds me of my trip last year about the same time throwing 3.8" Keitech Fat Impacts on a A-Rig. The linesides and spots were just smoking the lure. Seems that was about the same size as those bait fishes posted in the first video. They would not hit the 4.8 Keitechs and 5" super flukes. Great vid and fishing. Happy tugging
I'll bet that was a blast on a-rigs! I had to slow it down a bit on Friday after the water cooled back down. This big girl was staging and the highlight of the day. The second pic got honorable mention because life's gotta be tough for that little fella. Man, I thought I had back issues!
Attached Images

Last edited by Scout'nStripers; 02-05-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Default Fish

Jim u knew it was coming, I love that sunrise, drag screaming, and a silver fish aboard. I don't think u ever gonna leave those silver fish along, its in your DNA. Great video I enjoyed the journey on film..Great catch of all species !!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worley View Post
Jim u knew it was coming, I love that sunrise, drag screaming, and a silver fish aboard. I don't think u ever gonna leave those silver fish along, its in your DNA. Great video I enjoyed the journey on film..Great catch of all species !!
Thanks Worley. You need to get out there for some of that. You're right, those stripers are like an addiction for me. I try to get away and they just keep calling me back! I went out yesterday to bass fish and wound up targeting them with the jerkbait again. I made a blue colored jerkbait for the bass and the stripers were loving it! There are just so many right now, it's like every creek I went to had stripers surfacing somewhere in the creek. I got 3 good ones just sight fishing them while bass fishing yesterday morning. I'd see them surface and throw the jerkbait, twitch it couple times and they would nail it. We're getting close to a full moon and the fish are getting very aggressive. Thanks again Worley!
Old 02-12-2017, 06:44 PM

Fantastic videos. Thanks for sharing. Was on Lanier today and, unfortunately, didn't have near the results you did last week, but it was a fine time nonetheless.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDIII View Post
Fantastic videos. Thanks for sharing. Was on Lanier today and, unfortunately, didn't have near the results you did last week, but it was a fine time nonetheless.
Thanks JRDIII! It's been tough for us for the past few days. Seems like the crankbait bite comes and goes. This morning there was no crankbait bite. I think the moon had them messed up so we just put the dropshot and shakey head on docks to get 5-6 fish. Here's a couple pics from this morning.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout'nStripers View Post
Thanks JRDIII! It's been tough for us for the past few days. Seems like the crankbait bite comes and goes. This morning there was no crankbait bite. I think the moon had them messed up so we just put the dropshot and shakey head on docks to get 5-6 fish. Here's a couple pics from this morning.
Today was my 2nd time on Lanier since moving up. I caught a few on docks with a shakey head in super shallow water. Also had a big spot smoke a crank bait only to come off while I was trying to lip it...would've been a PB spot no doubt.

It's fun trying to figure this lake out. Much different from the way I grew up fishing.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthGa Fisher View Post
It's fun trying to figure this lake out. Much different from the way I grew up fishing.
I agree, much different than many other lakes. It is a lot of fun and a challenge to figure out this lake and it's fish. I've been at it for 20 years now and still learning every day. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout'nStripers View Post
Interesting cause we started out on drop shot at sunrise and fished for two hours without a single bite! Switched over to crank baits and bagged three spots, one of them about 3 lbs., over the next three hours. Very slow day, but better than doing anything else. From your videos and photos it looks like you were in many of the same areas we were. I'll say hello next time I'm out there.