how to hide cameras

hunterofopportunity

I want some input on how to keep my cameras safe on public land. I hunt on a military base and can usually put out cameras before they close areas to hunting, then go back and get them when area re opens. But work schedule does not always allow so any suggestions on placement or securement to ensure I get them back, thanks.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I want some input on how to keep my cameras safe on public land. I hunt on a military base and can usually put out cameras before they close areas to hunting, then go back and get them when area re opens. But work schedule does not always allow so any suggestions on placement or securement to ensure I get them back, thanks.

Higher the better. Out of sight. I also use a glue to put natural bark or moss on them. Place twigs with leafs on the straps to break the square look.
Like a Gilly suit.
8 to 10 ft up angles to where u want the pics.
I have other ways.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
O yea. Hide another camera better watching the camera taking game pics.

BowanaLee

I hide mine on banks, in tree roots, logs, and ground level strapped on small trees camouflaged with leaves and sticks. On banks I sometimes cut out a square hole the same size as the camera and insert it into the bank.
I never use straps on large trees. They're to visible. Look for a dark place when available.

Jack Ryan

Don't use straps at all, you can see straps a 100 yards away. If you have to go around, use wire.