Video: #2 down

Ricochet

Video from this morning's hunt. Enjoy! ?✌️

albrown100

That's what gets us up at 4 00 am right there !! Congats !!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Outstanding video. Congrats on #2.

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice job JP. He was sure looking everywhere for that gal! Congrats!
Denny

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Nice video. I gotta get something because the smartphone video just ain't cutting it. And congrats

Ricochet

Great video! What all were you using to film?
I was using my Canon HD camcorder on a tripod. Hard to solo hunt and video but that worked great that morning. He gobbled 20-30 times on the roost and to my hard calling. He stayed on the roost longer than I thought he would. He pitched out about 10 minutes after sunrise. I was close enough to hear him pitch out and then saw him in the road. I did 1 more series of yelps and cutts get his interest and get him pointed in the right direction, and he cruised down the road straight to my spot. Had 3 long beards do that further up this road 2 years ago. Love it when they cooperate like that! :D

Did you have a decoy set out?
No, I rarely use decoys...I thought about it but I was already walking up the road to my listening spot and I decided to leave them in the truck. A decoy or 2 probably would have worked that morning and not messed him up. I find it usually works best to make them search for you. As you can see in the video, he is looking hard for me till the big bang hit him. The 3 long beards I mentioned earlier were a no decoy setup as well.
Nice video. I gotta get something because the smartphone video just ain't cutting it. And congrats
Thanks! Yeah, the Canon HD camcorder is sweet.

You're rough on em Jonathan! Congrats!
LOL Thanks Jody! :cheers:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Good shot! and cool video!