? Official 2019 T/C SMACK TALK Thread?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Judges are having a hard time deciding on my birds that I haven't entered ?. My season has never been this bad. Going to Walmart and get me a frozen bird to enter.

deast1988

Once it clicks you’ll get rolling in a hurry beagler.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Judges are having a hard time deciding on my birds that I haven't entered ?. My season has never been this bad. Going to Walmart and get me a frozen bird to enter.

Stop by the paint aisle to get a paint brush to attach for the beard. LOL

Yeah....bad season for lots of folks I know in Bama , FL, & GA. Birds are not vocal at all like in years past. They are there, one or two roost gobbles and then silence.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”

Yeah....bad season for lots of folks I know in Bama , FL, & GA. Birds are not vocal at all like in years past. They are there, one or two roost gobbles and then silence.

Worse I have seen

Swamprat

Swamprat
Hopefully the switch flips cause it is getting aggravating.

Went this morning mainly for a listening session. One lone gobble aways off on property I can't hunt.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I know you be poking fun at me but that is hilarious. I aimed for the red pop up timer.

Actually have coveralls in that pattern.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Make fun all you folks want but I have fun with my failures.

Have had more bad luck with North Florida and Georgia Eastern birds than any Osceola.

Eastern birds in the South are pretty dang smart.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

That's odd. I've hunted 10 days or so and have had birds gobbling every hunt except one. One place I hunt, they don't get fired up good till 8 o'clock or so. I've heard more gobbling on the ground this year than I ever have. I guess it depends on your location. I hope it turns around for y'all

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well. They snookered me yesterday. Very quiet in Walton county. I finally struck a gobble by cutting on a box call at about 8:30. He was at least a couple hundred yards off the property though. This is the spot where they've gobbled good after 8 o'clock.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
All the birds are gobbling on the other property no matter where I hunt. Frustrating!!!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The judges have not given me the 2nd week scores.
Guess bad pics and they can’t decide. Deast is holding us up !

deast1988

I heard one gobble yesterday evening 6pm. Haven’t heard a morning bird in 4 days. These turkeys crazy, that bird yesterday gave a courtesy gobble as he was leaving since his hen busted me pretty good.

deast1988

Welp, I choked. 17yds a load of #9s sent. Ol boy just worm tailed out of there. Silent birds are tough. They sneak in catch you with your pants down. Then taddle tail on you to the neighborhood. He had a rope to, but it keeps me after em next couple days.

Bubba_1122

I'd shoot a jake right now if I could find one. Two if they were traveling in pairs.

I bout burnt out on turkey hunting last week with no bird to show for it. Headed outta town this weekend. Maybe one will wander across property next weekend while I'm out there and I can sling some #9's at it..

deast1988

Bout to walk in deep on some beautiful public. 42degrees maybe they’ll hammer to my Yawt Yawt!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I'd shoot a jake right now if I could find one. Two if they were traveling in pairs.

I bout burnt out on turkey hunting last week with no bird to show for it. Headed outta town this weekend. Maybe one will wander across property next weekend while I'm out there and I can sling some #9's at it..

I was the same way Bubba but it can change in the blink of an eye. Your luck will turn around!

Bubba_1122

I was the same way Bubba but it can change in the blink of an eye. Your luck will turn around!

I ain't one to give up. Had 5 or 6 birds gobbling opening weekend. They mighty quiet now, but they're still around the area. Heard a pile of birds on trip to middle Georgia 2 weeks ago. They weren't buying what I was selling.

I'll be back after em Friday and Saturday (gonna change up a little but I'll be after em).

deast1988

I can’t find a bird on this qouta, ?‍♂️I heard a fella shoot though. Congrats to him! Maybe I’ll walk myself to a healthier me.

Attachments

• 7D0EF8E2-E91C-4D50-8017-E6B060085F32.jpeg
    7D0EF8E2-E91C-4D50-8017-E6B060085F32.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 5