10lb 2oz Hog! 12" Mann's Jelly Worm - Replica thoughts???

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
if you have pictures and measurements, you can get a pretty spot on mount. Problem is replicas look less realistic unless you go to a true professional. It has to go to a small business that does more detailed work which costs more. If you go with a big company like King sailfish mounts, theirs are factory produced and painted based on the picture, so they look less real.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Example

Just to make the point, here's a picture of a 10lb bass mount from king sailfish mounts (big company)

Attachments

• 10_pound_Largemouth_Bass-mount-p-31.jpg
    10_pound_Largemouth_Bass-mount-p-31.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 160

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Example

This is a example from a much smaller company, marinecreations.com more expensive and time consuming, but difference in quality is astonishing. This guys stuff looks ALIVE. Also, there are no set prices on small company websites because there is no mass produced mold. It's mostly all by hand and charged by the inch, which is why measurements are important.

Attachments

• bass_fish_mount.jpg
    bass_fish_mount.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 20

TripleXBullies

Right so that looks enough like mine for them to send me that exact one. And you can see that it's a replica.
Do you have an example of a real pro?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
no problem. There's actually a few guys on the forum who do work for GON members as well and make replicas of their trophies. I'll pm you a link to his website.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
PM Fishmounter. His post is #11 in your thread. Dude does some amazing work!

Here is a link to Bryan's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/Anglerschoicefishmounts/

Webpage:
http://anglerschoicefishmounts.com/

Here is a pic of a bass he is coloring.
25790915_1405611456216913_3702133170176792771_o.jpg