1968 Willie Harris 12ft2in Wood Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
***Motor is sold***
***Boat is sold***

Trailer is still for sale $250

This is a Willie Harris boat that was built in 1968 in Brunwsick by a local builder. The boat is handmade from western fir, marine plywood and fiberglass and is 12 ft 2 inches long, 48 inches wide on the bottom and 70 inches wide on the top. It needs some work sanding and refinishing etc but is in pretty good shape.

Here is some information about his boats
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...s4IAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gEUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2084,3642285
Please pm me if you are interested

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
Thanks G Duck it is a Willie Harris handmade boat.

I can remember there used to be a lot of those boats around Jesup when I lived there in the late 80's.
I was in Jesup in the early 80's and there were a lot of them around. People would jack the engines up on them before anyone knew what a jackplate was.

With all that rocker, they would run like a screaming cat.

dusty80

Yep!! Willie Harris boats are "legendary" are here. Boys would soup their motor up and race on the Altamaha. They would run in very shallow water and whoever would run it closest to the sandbars usually won!

G Duck

If it were not for the shape of the economy now, I would pick that one up in a heartbeat.

That thing is callin for a Stick steer!!

Thread starter #9
Looks like a great little river boat but I fish saltwater alot with my buddy and need the extra room.

Thread starter #10
boat is still for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.