1st Hunt this morning

Finally got my chance at more than 30 minutes on the stand. The woods were alive with buck feeding on acorns. Saw 1 nice 8 pt, 2 nice 7 pt, 1 6 pt, and 2 4 pt. Only 3 doe. Over all I would rate this mornings hunt successful even though I never raised my gun. What a way to start the season.:D I was mainly scouting for my hunt Saturday morning with my middle daughter. When she got home from school I played the video for her and told her to pick which one she would shoot. She picked one of the 7 poiters. "Because it was darker than the rest" (different) I guess she is sort of like me. Likes to take the less used path.:D
Hopefully Saturday morning will bring lifetime memories. Last year she shot her first buck, a spike. Now she is looking for something with points. :clap:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sounds like a fine hunt and dpossible an even better upcoming hunt. Let us know how it happens Chris.

Jim

Carp

That's what it is all about. Sounds like the prelude to some fond memories. Good luck on the hunt.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Now she is looking for something with points.
A spike is points - 2 of em' :) -- Sounds like she's in for a real treat with her Dad this weekend - Make those memories brother, and give us a report when you can...

Latest posts