2-4,D on Alyce Clover

Possum

Banned
Does anyone know if 2-4,D can be used on Alyce clover? For weed control.
From what I could find online, Alyce clover is not listed on the label and so I’m not sure if it will kill or not.
I know 2-4,D is ok to use on clovers but from what I understand Alyce clover is not actually a true clover.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Technically not a clover,but in the legume family.I use 24D-b on all my legumes. 24D is not recommended for clovers

Possum

Banned
Wow I’m glad you educated me on that! I didn’t realize there was a 2-4d and a 2-4db and that one kills clover and one doesn’t.
Thank you sir!

doomtrpr_z71

Cmon Forest you're slipping, it's not often you get corrected lol. The b stands for butanoic acid/butyric acid depending on formulation. It doesn't kill legumes because they can't metabolize it. With that said, alyce is not a true clover but it is a legume so it should be fine. There are multiple species called alyce that can be red or white clover, white clovers actually can tolerate lower doses of 24d with only about %20 mortality.

Forest Grump

Cmon Forest you're slipping, it's not often you get corrected lol. The b stands for butanoic acid/butyric acid depending on formulation. It doesn't kill legumes because they can't metabolize it. With that said, alyce is not a true clover but it is a legume so it should be fine. There are multiple species called alyce that can be red or white clover, white clovers actually can tolerate lower doses of 24d with only about %20 mortality.

People say I have a drinking problem, but I got no problem drinking at all...?:cheers: