2 guns one man- legal?

rigderunner

You would have to be awful quick to grab another gun on the same bird after your first three shots

SC Hunter

This is only slightly off topic but a few years ago I was going over the plans for a grading job at a local high end shotgun club. I was meeting with the manager of the club when a gentleman parks near us in a very nice luxury SUV. He starts unloading his gear and shotgun from the back when the manager asked me to guess how much the guys shotgun cost. I could tell it was out of range of anything I had ever considered buying so I through a guess out there at $20,000.00. After a few more wrong guesses the manager informed that the guy had paid $110,000 for that gun. Not only that but he had another identical to it one serial number apart. The manager said that he asked the guy why he had two of them and the guy said that when he dove hunted in Argentina is field hand could keep one loaded for him while he shot the other.
If I was a billionaire I wouldn't pay that much for a gun. Haha I'm rough on guns that I use alot. My 2 most popular shotguns show the use, my normal rifle shows use. A $110k shotgun would get scratched up! ?‍♂️

I always carry 2 guns to bird hunts in case one has something break.

Mark K

Banned
If I was a billionaire I wouldn't pay that much for a gun. Haha I'm rough on guns that I use alot. My 2 most popular shotguns show the use, my normal rifle shows use. A $110k shotgun would get scratched up! ?‍♂️

Agreed...a shotgun is a tool. And I carry two to a hunt, just in case. But never have I carried both on the field at the same time.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
This guy knows how to shoot two guns. Dave Carrie, a Brit, shooting driven pheasant, tall birds. At times he uses two guns; other times just one gun and a man loading. You wouldn't want to shoot next to him on a late season dove hunt. I know I wouldn't.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SC Hunter

This guy knows how to shoot two guns. Dave Carrie, a Brit, shooting driven pheasant, tall birds. At times he uses two guns; other times just one gun and a man loading. You wouldn't want to shoot next to him on a late season dove hunt. I know I wouldn't.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If this guy set up by me on a dove field I'd move! ??

Esau

I'm pretty sure if he set up next to me, he's lost. :p. When he sees all these overall wearin' baccer spittin' folks he would probably get his loader and head on to somewhere else:eek:

Turpentine

If I were a billionaire I would hunt world class game with a spear.

While flying a jetpack.

Show me where it’s illegal. I sit in a duck boat with two sometimes three shot guns all plugged and I have been checked by state and federal game wardens in Georgia and in several other state. Please quote the law.

across the river

Show me where it’s illegal. I sit in a duck boat with two sometimes three shot guns all plugged and I have been checked by state and federal game wardens in Georgia and in several other state. Please quote the law.

Its not illegal. I just find it interesting that some people on here actually think that hunting with two separate plugged guns would be the same as hunting with an unplugged gun. Obviously they have never hunted with an unplugged gun.

leroy

Its not illegal. I just find it interesting that some people on here actually think that hunting with two separate plugged guns would be the same as hunting with an unplugged gun. Obviously they have never hunted with an unplugged gun.

Didnt say it was illegal, only ask if it was. And no never hunted with unplugged gun but i believe if i had 2 autos sitting with me i could empty one and pick up the other one before i could load the first one, hence is where i sorta thought of it as an advantage. Not knocking it just asking question.

across the river

Didnt say it was illegal, only ask if it was. And no never hunted with unplugged gun but i believe if i had 2 autos sitting with me i could empty one and pick up the other one before i could load the first one, hence is where i sorta thought of it as an advantage. Not knocking it just asking question.

If you ever get a chance to go on a snow goose conservation hunt, do it once for the experience, even if you aren't a waterfowl hunter. An unplugged semi auto shotgun with an extended tube can do some damage to a flock of snow geese, and it is amazing how quickly you can go through all those shell. Heck pull a hunt up on youtube if you are interested.

The intent of the plug is to prevent you from killing too many from a single flock, sort of like banning the punt gun. With snow geese they want you to kill them all, so the plug rules don't apply. If you load two guns to have, or have someone sitting in there loading them for you, it isn't the same as being unplugged. You aren't going to shoot three shots at a group, put it down, pick up another gun, and get three more shots off at the same group. The "advantage" isn't the same as just being able to pull the trigger six times.

Nimrod71

The answer is you can have as many as you want on a shoot. As stated above the time it would take to change guns would be longer than reloading the fired shotgun. Many years ago the game warden checked my gun because I fired more than three shots before I lowered the gun from my shoulder. When he found that he couldn't put and extra shell in the magazine he ask me to show him how I fired four shots, I told him it was easy, I held and extra shell between my fingers and when the bolt locked back on the third shot, I just slide the four shell in the receiver and hit the bolt release and pulled the trigger. It worked I didn't get a ticket.