20 Gauge Turkey Gun

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I found this little Turkish single shot 20 at Walmart back in July and decided to try to make a turkey gun to match my 12 gauge Gun Docc Special. Stripped the factory finish off, , drawknifed the pistol grip off the stock and smoothed it down, gave it 6 coats of hand rubbed Tru-oil finish, and added sling swivels. Next is sights and a recoil pad, and see how it patterns turkey loads. It`s still a work in progress.20turkeygun2.jpg20turkeygun1.jpg20turkeygun4.jpg20turkeygun3.jpg

Gaswamp

hope u enjoy the 20ga

turkeykirk

Looks good!

Buckman18

That’s going to be awesome! Is that a Hatfield?

Santa Claus is bringing me that Stevens we talked about a couple months back but my wife says I can’t open it until Dec 25.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That’s going to be awesome! Is that a Hatfield?

Santa Claus is bringing me that Stevens we talked about a couple months back but my wife says I can’t open it until Dec 25.

Yes, it`s a Hatfield. I`ve only shot it with low brass 8 shot, and at 20 yards it had a really good pattern. Gonna sandbag it with some turkey loads, and hope that I won`t have to have it threaded for a tighter choke. I`m liking the little gun so far.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Really like the stock modification. I’m sure it will be a turkey killer for you.
Jeff

Mark K

Banned
I took an old 870 Youth Model in 20ga and made it into a dedicated turkey gun. Best decision I’ve made for turkey hunting. Light and compact for those long trecks through the swamps. And with the shells available today it kills just as hard and far as a 12ga. I think you’re going to really like that Nic, great looking gun.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Great looking rig Nic, nice work!

BBowman

I shoot an O/U Stoeger 20ga and love it. I found an old savage single shot 20ga with a full choke several years ago with plans to make it a turkey gun for my 10 year old. Well, he's 26 years old now. LOL! So, I guess I get to make ME a new turkey gun. Have fun with it sir.

Latest posts