2014/2015 Handgun Hunting Kill Thread

Thread starter #1
Killed a doe this evening with the TC Encore 7/08 pistol. 100-110 yard shot, DRT. 140 grain Nosler ballistic tip over a healthy dose of reloader 17. Any body else having any success with the pistols this year?

Last edited:

deast1988

I've been carrying mine when I gun hunt but can't seem to put the bow down.

Congrats on the doe

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
Figured I would start a new one this year. I am going to have to live vicariously through you all this year as I just moved to TX and I have nowhere to hunt and have to wait another 30 days before I am legally eligible to buy a resident permit, so that pretty much kills the season for me.

I will move the posts in the old thread to this one.

deast1988

Figured I would start a new one this year. I am going to have to live vicariously through you all this year as I just moved to TX and I have nowhere to hunt and have to wait another 30 days before I am legally eligible to buy a resident permit, so that pretty much kills the season for me.

I will move the posts in the old thread to this one.
It'll all work out, Texas yall have pronghorns, exotics and 2nd in the country for deer harvest. Hogs of all sorts.

Last edited:
Thread starter #5
Sorry to hear about your season handgunHTR, I bet it will pay dividends though in the future.

Got a doe Friday with the 414 supermag contender. Waiting on a good buck now. I love to pistol hunt with them contenders.

Big doe came in feeding on acorns this afternoon on the edge of the clearcutt. I watched for about 10 minutes as she got closer and closer. At 15 yards broadside, I laid her to rest. RIP nanny. I will always remember you. (especially that drag across the side of Mt Everest to get you out!)

Glock 20:
Lone Wolf 9 incher
Advantage Tactical sights
Homemade sandpaper grips

Attachments

Steve08

Big Ol' Nanny.......Glock 20 w/ KKM<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Nice! I had some mild success with my Glock 20 but nothing like this.

savedjim

Killed this doe the other day with my super RedHawk 44 mag . Shot was 28 yards . She ran 15 yards after taking a Hornady xtp 240 moving 1500 fps !

Attachments

I killed a big doe last night just before dark with my Contender. Did not get a good picture.
I was in a ladder stand between a firebreak and a foodplot. She came walking from my right hugging my edge of the field. She must have seen me reach up to pull down my ear muffs as she stopped and stared for a minute and took a few more steps.
When she reached a little break in the brush she turned slightly to me and I shot her.

She turned and ran, cut up past my stand in the brush, crossed the firebreak and fell dead. It was a Stevie Wonder blood trail if I had needed it.

Thread starter #16
Congrats!

Thread starter #17
I killed a doe this evening with my super red hawk 44 magnum. 15 yard shot, double lung and ran maybe 30 yards. The 240 grain XTP did a number on her!

Thread starter #19
Congrats!